Residences At 1934 West Gray St.

hindesky

• The title was changed to Proposed New Plat - 1934 W. Gray St.
10 hours ago, hindesky said:

Take this with a grain of salt but according to someone on NextDoor it will be a 10 story high rise apartments. 

The same NextDoor that, if even a small portion of predictions were true, would have us living in a Mad Max wasteland?

Let's see, it's Sunday, queue the latest "they put their dog poop in my trash bin" post. On Monday it's "OMG, bike lanes are going to destroy Houston and increase my commute by 7 hours a day". Tuesday "HPD is writing tickets again on the XXX bridge. They should leave us poor drivers alone and look for real criminals". Wednesday is "why are they allowing coyotes to live in Houston? Can't they just make them go away so I can let my dog run free without getting eaten?". Thursday is "Can't they arrest the train engineers for blowing their horns at night? My townhome is right next to the tracks, and that horn is keeping me awake. I can't imagine why they need the horn, I think they blow it just to make us mad". Friday is "With all the property taxes I pay, why can't we have a police officer sitting in XXX neighborhood all the time". Saturday is "I left $10,000 cash in my car, and someone broke in and stole it, then took my husband's pickup to carry off the 40 catalytic converters they also stole".

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Ross said:

The same NextDoor that, if even a small portion of predictions were true, would have us living in a Mad Max wasteland?

Let's see, it's Sunday, queue the latest "they put their dog poop in my trash bin" post. On Monday it's "OMG, bike lanes are going to destroy Houston and increase my commute by 7 hours a day". Tuesday "HPD is writing tickets again on the XXX bridge. They should leave us poor drivers alone and look for real criminals". Wednesday is "why are they allowing coyotes to live in Houston? Can't they just make them go away so I can let my dog run free without getting eaten?". Thursday is "Can't they arrest the train engineers for blowing their horns at night? My townhome is right next to the tracks, and that horn is keeping me awake. I can't imagine why they need the horn, I think they blow it just to make us mad". Friday is "With all the property taxes I pay, why can't we have a police officer sitting in XXX neighborhood all the time". Saturday is "I left $10,000 cash in my car, and someone broke in and stole it, then took my husband's pickup to carry off the 40 catalytic converters they also stole".

This post needs a trigger warning. I knew it was satire the whole time and my blood pressure still rose.

• Haha 3

• The title was changed to Residences at 1934 West Gray - 1934 W. Gray St.
  • The title was changed to Residences at 1934 West Gray St.
  • The title was changed to Residences At 1934 West Gray St.
7 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

0DKzl3e.jpg

s3KcQx7.jpg

Other details included in the submitted materials to the city's planning commission for the Residences at 1934 West Gray:

• Specific Variance is being sought and extent of variance: 

To reduce the building setback requirement along Woodhead Street from 10 feet to a variable width of 7 feet to 10 feet; and to reduce the building line along West Gray from 25’ to 15’. 

• The developer is proposing to redevelop the property into a multi-family residential building and integral parking structure, with rooftop pool and gardens combined with ground floor patio and amenities.

• River Oaks  Shopping Center is one of the oldest shopping centers in Texas and is a mixed-use development featuring a blend of over 70 luxury stores, a big box grocer, a condominium development, as well as the historic Rover Oaks Theater. The properties are developed with a blend of surface parking lots combined with structured garages. It is the developers plan to use this proposed development as a gateway project for the center as it transitions to a more pedestrian friendly experience in alignment with the most desirable development trends in the City of Houston.

• The current Chase building was built in the 1971 and is a 4-story masonry building and 2 level parking structure that is currently constructed at a 0’ setback along Woodhead Street. The existing pedestrian space along Woodhead is cramped and unwelcoming with a minimum 4’ wide sidewalk. The building façade facing West Gray is separated from the street by dark tinted pedestrian doorway, a loading entrance to the parking garage, and a small parking lot. It provides little aesthetic value and does nothing to invite and draw in potential clients or tenants.

• The new development, represented in the renderings submitted with this application, presents an opportunity to set a new standard for the West Gray corridor in the River Oaks Shopping Center. With a pedestrian friendly façade, featuring enhanced flatwork, and a mix of local plantings and exotic palm trees, the proposed development will be a gateway project anchoring the vision for the River Oaks District. Plans include an 18’6” pedestrian realm along Woodhead and a 30’ pedestrian realm along West Gray.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Texasota said:

I don't think so. This isn't part of the original extent of the River Oaks Shopping/Community Center, and it's a significant development in its own right.

7 hours ago, hindesky said:

It's owned by Kimco but I think it deserves it's own topic.

Maybe, but it's still listed as an extension of River Oaks Shopping Center. It's not a separate development. It's one in the same.  

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

On 12/8/2022 at 2:32 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

According to the most recent city of Houston planning commission agenda, the Residences at 1934 West Gray plat is part of the River Oaks Shopping Center. 

Should this be merged with the River Oaks Shopping Center topic? @Urbannizer @Triton

9yfsskZ.jpg

cCy4gim.jpg

That pedestrian realm is going to put those neighboring businesses on notice! Beautiful!

• Like 3

How long before we hear the Kroger lot will be completely redeveloped?

The infill Gods have been very kind to the area bordered by Shepherd/ Allen Parkway/ Waugh/ W. Gray.

This shows the projects that are "On The Boards", called out as the "next" Future phase or are prime lots for a major urban development.

image.png.58213615aff16bb5a3db7f86e7aeb21e.png

Edited by shasta
  • Like 8

On 12/9/2022 at 11:51 AM, shasta said:

How long before we hear the Kroger lot will be completely redeveloped?

The infill Gods have been very kind to the area bordered by Shepherd/ Allen Parkway/ Waugh/ W. Gray.

This shows the projects that are "On The Boards", called out as the "next" Future phase or are prime lots for a major urban development.

image.png.58213615aff16bb5a3db7f86e7aeb21e.png

I officially declare this the All-Wau-Gray District!

• Haha 1