Little Theater At 707 Chelsea Blvd.

Highrise Tower

I was browsing the newspaper The Rice Thresher dated October 16, 1942 and came across an article about the Little Theater located at 707 Chelsea Blvd.

Little Theater Opens Tuesday

An event of interest to the Institute theater-goers who have bee left in the cold since the disbanding of the Dramatic Club, will be the opening Tuesday night at 8:30 p.m. of the first production of the season by Houston Little Theater. The offering will run through Saturday night, although the last night the house will be given over in a large part to Soldiers. The play will be "The Heart of the City", by Lesley Storms, and the direction will be in charge of Dr. Friedrich Jessner. The Little Theater is located at 707 Chelsea Boulevard.

Dr. Jessner, who comes to the Little Theater from the drama department of Yale University, has a wide and varied experience in the theater bot in this country and abroad.

I'm not exactly sure what this is.  Doesn't sound like a film theater, but a theater of the arts.  Maybe this was apart of the Rice Institute's courses? I see talk about a drama club.

mvvuSTf.png