Drake's Hollywood Restaurant At 1100 Westheimer Rd.

sevfiv

I like & make craft beer. I live in Montrose. To the best of my knowledge I am not a d-bag.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm perhaps there is more home brewing being done in Montrose than one would imagine. . . . . We home brew also------------

Edited by trymahjong

I like what they are planning to do in terms of salvaging what they can in the building, if there's anywhere that's to be encouraged, it's here. That bend is finally going to be something with this place and the new restaurant opposite. As to the beer, if I don't like it, I won't go. Regarding the d-baggery or otherwise, I've yet to hear a satisfactory definition of that moniker, so wouldn't really know one if I saw one. Now if it's a-holes we're talking about, then those creatures are present in nearly every bar I go to. There's little I can do about that other than never go out, and I'm not going to do that.

Let's just give the place a chance*....

*Unintentional play on words.

Shouldn't we embrace the D-bag? Are we not mature enough to ignore these people if they are in the same place as you or is it too overwhelming? Personally I think the "d-bag" guy who is going with his 5 bros spending 100 dollars each really helps these kinds of places. I can enjoy myself in the same place as those people...its fun people watching when someone is making themselves look like a complete idiot.

Regarding the d-baggery or otherwise, I've yet to hear a satisfactory definition of that moniker, so wouldn't really know one if I saw one. Now if it's a-holes we're talking about, then those creatures are present in nearly every bar I go to. There's little I can do about that other than never go out, and I'm not going to do that.

Let's just give the place a chance*....

*Unintentional play on words.

Go to bars often enough, and they will stand out.

Shouldn't we embrace the D-bag? Are we not mature enough to ignore these people if they are in the same place as you or is it too overwhelming? Personally I think the "d-bag" guy who is going with his 5 bros spending 100 dollars each really helps these kinds of places. I can enjoy myself in the same place as those people...its fun people watching when someone is making themselves look like a complete idiot.

Spending $100 each and hanging with your buds is no big deal, it's the guys that do it obnoxiously and annoy people around them.

Now kids, here are some examples. Remember, pay attention, this might help you enjoy your evening better if you avoid the following examples:

1163955324-douchebag.jpg

douchebag.jpg

But here is the "Jersey Shore" variation.

douchebag-1.jpg

For those that need a better definition, here's a fairly accurate chart:

Picture%201-5.jpg

I don't anticipate seeing any of these characters in a brewpub but if I do will surely give them a wide berth.

Go to bars often enough, and they will stand out.

Spending $100 each and hanging with your buds is no big deal, it's the guys that do it obnoxiously and annoy people around them.

Now kids, here are some examples. Remember, pay attention, this might help you enjoy your evening better if you avoid the following examples:

1163955324-douchebag.jpg

douchebag.jpg

But here is the "Jersey Shore" variation.

douchebag-1.jpg

For those that need a better definition, here's a fairly accurate chart:

Picture%201-5.jpg

Boy, you take it personal, don't you?

Maybe your household has a low dbag factor, but the ratio goes up if you put some trendy bar. I'd go, but I hope to negate a little bit of the d-bag factor, though.

Douchebags drink rum and cokes, Bud Light, and Stella at best, not craft beer.

It's official. The Andrew Sisters were douchebags.

I notice that there's no female equivalent term - perhaps douchebaguette?

We never fault the women - we just sit there and jealously mutter under our breath that the hot chicks who hang out with douchebags would be better off with us.

So I'm guessing that this is going to take up the space where Charlie's Diner was....

I am on the "this is going to be awesome" side of things.

http://www.29-95.com...xt-hay-merchant

This is exciting. Three brand new establishments under development in such close proximity to each other - with any luck the strip center on the south side of Westheimer will be next.

i walked by Chances last weekend, and it is need of some serious repairs and frankly is an eye sore. while im all for perserving old buildings, Chances looks like it needs to be knocked down. i hope these guys can somehow make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

That's their specialty. Did you ever go to Anvil when it was Sliders Bar & Daiquiris? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ironic, isn't it? that a cheesy strip club was taken over by a women's bar. They've hosted some great live music acts, and I've always been treated with respect on my rare visits.

<mumble>

<chauvinistic pig>

I wouldn't mind a lebonese strip bar...

</mumble>

</chauvinistic pig>

The stories that I could tell you when it was Charlie's, then the weird theater, until it's chances incarnation.

Let's not forget the Cheesecake killing.

Regarding the d-baggery or otherwise, I've yet to hear a satisfactory definition of that moniker, so wouldn't really know one if I saw one. Now if it's a-holes we're talking about, then those creatures are present in nearly every bar I go to.

Dbags are aholes, just more-so.

From the urban dictionary:

Dbag:

Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole.

you'll usually see them wearing Affliction, Ed Hardy, or Tapout t-shirts.

Generally, in high numbers they make a place less desirable to be, unless you are a dbag yourself.

I think it's safe to assume a dbag would never homebrew beer.

regardless, good beer joints are hard to find. and of the ones that are out there, it's nice to toss in some variet, I'm looking forward to it, and will go at least once.

Edited by samagon

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I heard Bobby Heugel speak at the Neartown meeting Tuesday---he said the Hay Merchant was about 5 months behind schedule to open because of all the hoops he had to jump through for COH permits.

He was there to speak about article 26 (i think that's the #--it's about new parking requirements) He gave a good speech from the individual restaurant owners perpective.

• 3 weeks later...

went thursday and loved it. very crowded but we found a spot at the bar pretty quickly. food was good (really really liked the meat chips). the nitro tapping system they use really adds a positive effect to the beers in terms of mouth feel. i will definitely be going back as regularly as possible.

• Like 1