New East End/Gulfgate Mexican Restaurant

There's a new mexican place, Los Campos, on 45 near Park Place. It's located kind of behind Kelly's, but right on 45.

I've had breakfast and lunch there and liked both. Reasonable prices too. Not taquaria cheap, but not Donaraki's expensive either. It's appears to be a family-owned place and it doesn't have a bar. So no good if you're looking for a cold one after work with your chips and salsa.

I hope it makes it because I'd love more local spots. And I'd hate to see an empty building or one of those rotating restaurants where the name changes every few months.

• 5 months later...
There's a new mexican place, Los Campos, on 45 near Park Place. It's located kind of behind Kelly's, but right on 45.

I've had breakfast and lunch there and liked both. Reasonable prices too. Not taquaria cheap, but not Donaraki's expensive either. It's appears to be a family-owned place and it doesn't have a bar. So no good if you're looking for a cold one after work with your chips and salsa.

I hope it makes it because I'd love more local spots. And I'd hate to see an empty building or one of those rotating restaurants where the name changes every few months.

I've seen Donaraki's in the Chronicle, but not Los Campos or Kelly's.

• The title was changed to New East End/Gulfgate Mexican Restaurant

Archived