Westmoreland Farm Dairy At 1435 North Rice Rd.

Highrise Tower

I was browsing The Citizen dated May 26, 1948 and noticed a business ad for Westmoreland Farms Dairy located at 1435 N. Rice.

Does anyone have any memories here? Or pictures? I recently heard one of our HAIF members speaking about this place.  Where is the old dairy farm today? I'm not sure what took its place.  Where exactly was this place?

xq6tFOJ.png

Westmoreland Farm Dairy

M. 2-5822 / M. 2-3086

1435 N. Rice / In Belaire

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Westmoreland Farms Dairy At 1435 N. Rice Rd.
  • The title was changed to Westmoreland Farm Dairy At 1435 N. Rice Rd.

Growing up in Meyerland in the 1960's (where my 93 year old Mom still lives in our original home), we had Henry the Milkman deliver fresh Westmoreland milk to our home.  They had the BEST chocolate ice cream.  I recall the dairy was on the west side of South Rice.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Henry the milkman was my father. He took great pride in being the best at what he did. He worked for Westmoreland, then Borden’s. In the late 70’s he became a painting contractor and had a very successful business. Sadly, he passed away at 54 of cancer.  Fortunately he lived to see my sister and I graduate from college and start our careers. 

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Westmoreland Farm Dairy At 1435 North Rice Rd.