Vacant Hotel Parcel On Westcreek Ln.

pretty sure you're confusing med center with greenway plaza, lockmat. pretty obvious that this is the westcreek site due to the vantage point in the 2nd rendering showing 1900 and 2000 WLS with Post Oak Central peeking out behind.

regardless, this definitely does NOT look like anything more than a conceptual design. agree with whoever said it looks like it belongs in memorial city - the architecture is very cheesy and leaves a lot to be desired.

that said, i think we'll be hearing of at least a few as of now unannounced hotel/resi developments in the not too distant future.

swtsig, 

In an effort to not patronize you my good pal, I must say that over the last few years... I have come to look forward to your very subtle and yet intriguing pronouncements....

It has become quite evident to all that patronize the formidable site, that you may not be permitted to arbitrarily reveal too much upon proprietary information. However, what about sharing a few clues in regards to the forthcoming prospectives to all of your pals here.  After all...aren't we family?

• could one of them be the Ritz / residential that we are all awaiting
  • could one of them be the actual W Hotel / residential that we are all awaiting
  • what about Le Meridien....these do not normally carry residential...not any that I have frequented in many countries...would love to welcome them back to Houston
  • what about Fairmont / residential...would love to have one of these
  • what about a new and yet improved Hotel Intercontinental...we would love to welcome them back to Houston

...come on swtsig, share a few clues....

Edited by monarch
  • Like 1

The balconies ruin this tower.  Not that it would be a strong design then, but the balconies really push this over the top.  I'm a big fan of sleek highrises, not ones with clunky extrusions and protruding secondary elements.  Probably a Morris design.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anything new, or is it dead?

people should be temporarily banned for asking this inane question.

last post in this thread was 11 months ago... don't you think someone would have posted an update if there was "anything new" worth reporting? either it's been covered in another thread or no, there isn't "anything new".

• Like 1

last post in this thread was 11 months ago... don't you think someone would have posted an update if there was "anything new" worth reporting? either it's been covered in another thread or no, there isn't "anything new".

It's ok calm down!

• Like 2

Sheesh!! It's not like I was comiting a crime. Just curious.
  • Like 2

Someone pass @swtsig a Snickers please. He's not himself when he's hungry.

• Like 9

I got this notice today. Yesterday, ALL of my Comcast services were cut off, including cable internet services I was paying full price for, at 2220 Westcreek Ln.

SERVICES WERE NOT DISCONTINUED AT THESE BUILDINGS:

2020 WESTCREEK LN - STILL SERVICED

2040 WESTCREEK LN - STILL SERVICED

2221 WESTCREEK LN - STILL SERVICED

I have not received any eviction notices. This disconnection is arbitrary and unrelated to the condition of coaxial lines. I CAN STILL RECEIVE SERVICE AT MY APARTMENT, BUT NOT LEGALLY!

This is BULLSHIT.

post-11698-0-10794900-1387432866_thumb.p

• Like 1

He is simply trying to show us how an apartment complex is about to be torn down without anyone telling him. It's the same case for the Skylane apartment complex off of Taylor St in the Woodland Heights. One of my friend lives there and he was shocked when I showed him the Houston Chron article about the luxury residents going in where he lives..... No landlord or anyone has told him his place is about to be torn down too.

• Like 1

He is simply trying to show us how an apartment complex is about to be torn down without anyone telling him. It's the same case for the Skylane apartment complex off of Taylor St in the Woodland Heights. One of my friend lives there and he was shocked when I showed him the Houston Chron article about the luxury residents going in where he lives..... No landlord or anyone has told him his place is about to be torn down too.

What is the landlord supposed to tell him?   No landlord in his right mind is going to broadcast to his tenants that he is in negotiations with someone who plans to tear the building down at some point in the future.  If you are under a lease, you have the right to occupy the property until your lease expires, and beyond until the landlord gives you notice.  If you are on a month-to-month tenancy, you have the right to occupy the property until the end of the month (and probably the end of next month if you have not yet received written notice to vacate.)  That's it.  You are entitled to and should expect nothing more.  Giving hasty notices to tenants that someone might plan to tear down your building at some time in the relatively near future, depending on financing, the market, the state of affairs in the mideast, etc etc etc, is a bad business plan.

When they have definite plans and need him out, rest assured, they will tell him. 

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

But my point is you make a crazy rant about him posting about Comcast service when I know you're not stupid and you know the point he's trying to get across. Look, I get landlords want to be hush-hush as possible about their complex about to be torn down. His post is not about what he pays for Comcast... it's not about his cell phone bill. He's just expressing how much it sucks not to know! I think that's pretty reasonable. He's also telling us that his apartment complex has inevitable destruction ahead of it. Your comment was obviously overboard but judging by your other comments, that's what you do....

• Like 2

But my point is you make a crazy rant about him posting about Comcast service when I know you're not stupid and you know the point he's trying to get across. Look, I get landlords want to be hush-hush as possible about their complex about to be torn down. His post is not about what he pays for Comcast... it's not about his cell phone bill. He's just expressing how much it sucks not to know! I think that's pretty reasonable. He's also telling us that his apartment complex has inevitable destruction ahead of it. Your comment was obviously overboard but judging by your other comments, that's what you do....

h

Oh for petes sake... he does know. We all know. Those apartments days are numbered.

• Like 2

^  What evil tactics?   What possible reason would a landlord have for shutting off someone's cable?  If thy want people to move out, all they have to do is give them notice.  MikeRichardson needs to take his complaints to Comcast customer service.

Eh, you're right. I didn't see the attachment of the letter he posted. My bad.

I finally got some answers today. The quick summary is: Comcast screwed up their disconnection of the empty/sold off buildings, then refused to correct the problem, so the landlord told Comcast to FO, so Comcast told every resident to FO.

Basically, everybody blames everybody else. However, Comcast says that after they "re-determine" the "serviceability" to my apartment, I can purchase TV and internet from them directly, at the standard (non-bulk) rates. The landlord says they will remove the $40 cable television charge from our bills.

Edit: Someone from Comcast corporate escalations called me so I guess they'll have it sorted out soon enough.

Unfortunately I can't provide any solid news in regards to the demise of these buildings, management has completely remodeled one of the apartments for use as a leasing office, since the old leasing office is part of the sold off property. That building also has the cleaners and the fitness center. Several vacant apartments have also filled up recently. There is so much traffic and mess from the River Oaks District, personally I wouldn't want to buy any of these buildings either until that whole thing has settled down.

Maybe another year or two for the remaining buildings, I have no expectations as to their longevity, and only half my boxes are really unpacked.

Edited by MikeRichardson
  • Like 1

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/28120-westcreek-mixed-use-san-felipe610/?p=434586

Whatever may or may not be going on, it will not involve all 6 remaining buildings.

I still don't even know who bought the 2 buildings. I spent a few hours looking up stuff on HCAD, looking into the little shell LLC companies, checking news sources, real estate still being marketed, any kind of filings with the city, etc. The most promising stuff I found had to do with "replats", the county has to redraw the lines so that the 2 buildings on the northeast side of Westcreek can have a different owner from the remaining buildings, but there have been no replats (as of a few weeks ago). (disclaimer: I probably screwed up some of the terminology or understanding here, real state is not my forte)

Edited by MikeRichardson
  • Like 1

OK, there's been sale of the "E" building, 2220 Westcreek Ln only. It has been sold to an "individual owner". No evictions. Kaplan is still the management, and they are putting in a leasing office in the building. Going forward, rent checks are to be made payable to "Highland Terrace".

I'll post a scan of the letter later.

• Like 1