METRO Park & Ride- Baytown

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

We on the East side had the privledge of having no buses for several years. THen finally one day Metro decided they'd add an Express. We still have no ocal buses but we also do have a Park&Ride. There's slow develoment on the East side but the Park&Ride doesn't go far out. Although the Houston Metropolitan area on the East Side ends at Beltway 8 there's still need for longer routes.

Metro takes Park&Ride buses out to every area in the suburbs of Houston.That or near them if they aren't in Harris County.There's one area within the Harris County area with no bus service at all.........Baytown. Baytown has alot of people whom commute to work. The 2 primary routes arew I-10 and SH225.If the were really thinking they'd put a Park&Ride at or adjacent to San Jacinto Mall. Nice place were you can stop,get sometthing to eat, use the restroom all as you go or come from work. That and there's plenty of on site parking weekdays. It could hop on I-10 and shoot Downtown or if the really wanted to stop at the Maxey Park&Ride.

Baytown is suddenly growing and it's unbelieveable that they haven't had bus service for this long. That in twe need more bus routes on the Easzt side generally.

We on the East side had the privledge of having no buses for several years. THen finally one day Metro decided they'd add an Express. We still have no ocal buses but we also do have a Park&Ride. There's slow develoment on the East side but the Park&Ride doesn't go far out. Although the Houston Metropolitan area on the East Side ends at Beltway 8 there's still need for longer routes.

Metro takes Park&Ride buses out to every area in the suburbs of Houston.That or near them if they aren't in Harris County.There's one area within the Harris County area with no bus service at all.........Baytown. Baytown has alot of people whom commute to work. The 2 primary routes arew I-10 and SH225.If the were really thinking they'd put a Park&Ride at or adjacent to San Jacinto Mall. Nice place were you can stop,get sometthing to eat, use the restroom all as you go or come from work. That and there's plenty of on site parking weekdays. It could hop on I-10 and shoot Downtown or if the really wanted to stop at the Maxey Park&Ride.

Baytown is suddenly growing and it's unbelieveable that they haven't had bus service for this long. That in twe need more bus routes on the Easzt side generally.

The problem with this is that Baytown is not a member of Metro.

Hence, it cannot get Metro bus service or a Park and Ride.

Since 1978, when voters approved a referendum creating METRO, and a one cent sales tax to help pay for the services it provides. Those cities and towns that voted not join the METRO service area do not pay the sales tax and do not receive transit services.

Here is a list of the member cities in METRO's service area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_...s_County,_Texas

METRO's service area is 1,285 square miles, roughly 75% of Harris County. It does not serve areas outside Harris County, except those small portions of Houston that extend into other counties, and Missouri City.

I wonder if or when there'll be another referendum to include the eastern suburbs into METRO's service area - or is the populance still adamently opposed to public transportation? And would it benefit METRO?

I wonder if or when there'll be another referendum to include the eastern suburbs into METRO's service area - or is the populance still adamently opposed to public transportation? And would it benefit METRO?

I think Pasadena would be a good candidate as any for Metro service, but then again who wants to go to Pasadena.

What they really need to do is exand service so it can go to places liek The Woodlands and Sugarland outside the county.

METRO serves Missouri City and Taylor Lake Village.

In addition, there are parts of Houston outside of Harris County.

What they really need to do is exand service so it can go to places liek The Woodlands and Sugarland outside the county.

Whom ever "they" is...I don't have a clue.

If people in a community want Metro services bad enough, I suppose they could lobby Metro to call an election so they could vote on it.

If it succeded, then perhaps they could get "ocal" bus service.

B)

Guest Plastic
METRO serves Missouri City and Taylor Lake Village.

In addition, there are parts of Houston outside of Harris County.

Metro doesn't go to Missouri CIty. There's a lot on Fondren right by the county line. There's none in MIssouri City unelss part of it comes into Harri County. And were is the Taylor lake Village bus route? I know the 24 goes to NASA. Besides both are in Harris County.

Metro doesn't go to Missouri CIty. There's a lot on Fondren right by the county line. There's none in MIssouri City unelss part of it comes into Harri County. And were is the Taylor lake Village bus route? I know the 24 goes to NASA. Besides both are in Harris County.

A portion of Missouri City is in Harris County.

Is the facility in the Missouri City limits?

• The title was changed to METRO Park & Ride- Baytown

Archived