Perry Or Strayhorn

nmainguy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you know something we dont?

There was an unconfirmed but persistant rumor about a 'relationship' between Perry and his (male) Sectretary of State.Link

and another liink.

Whether there's any truth behind it is, of course, none of my business. I'll leave peeking between other people's sheets to the Republicans. But it's fun to see their heads explode at the very idea.

Ah, yes. There is no lack of "holy-rolling" in-laws who haven't been married a number of times and/or aren't cheating on their spouses. [Newt Gingrich; Henry Hyde; Bob Livingston; Jimmy Swagert, Jim Baker...I was going to mention the divorced Reagan but all he and Nancy did was conceive Patty out of wedlock so I don't count them ;)]

Poor parrot...all she has is an ex-president who has raised a fine daughter who doesnt get arrested on 6th St. at the drop of a 'rita to deflect from the incompetent who lives in the White House today.

Kinda pathetic.

B)

Yeah. I'm pathetic. :rolleyes: It took me two days to get back here to post this. I guess I had better things to do this weekend than to get caught up in snide comments and rude attitudes.

BTW-you totally took my "holy-rolling" comment wrong. You've made so many assumptions about me that you only see my posts one way, when you don't even know me at all. :mellow:

Actually west20th, I believe it's Kinky that's doing the two-step now with Strayhorn jumping in. If Perry and Strayhorn split the conservative majority down the middle, all Kinky needs to do is get to 35% of the vote which may be enough to win it all since I don't believe there is a runoff provision for the governorship of Texas.

Actually west20th, I believe it's Kinky that's doing the two-step now with Strayhorn jumping in. If Perry and Strayhorn split the conservative majority down the middle, all Kinky needs to do is get to 35% of the vote which may be enough to win it all since I don't believe there is a runoff provision for the governorship of Texas.

I think the most that Strayhorn might take away is about 5% to 7% of the conservative vote. She will barely be a "blip" on the screen. I know you libs. are willing to give a kidney so that Perry gets the boot, but he is not going anywhere, get used to it Lefties. ^_^

I think the most that Strayhorn might take away is about 5% to 7% of the conservative vote. She will barely be a "blip" on the screen. I know you libs. are willing to give a kidney so that Perry gets the boot, but he is not going anywhere, get used to it Lefties. ^_^

I suspect you're correct, TJ. I'm keeping both of my kidneys.

Thank god the Office of Govenor is one of the weakest in the nation. It is, however a high profile position that could be a spring board for an other-wise addeled politician..I'm thinking of a name...hmmmmmm.

B)

And why exactly does Perry deserve another term? What has he done, other than his hair? Do you think it is good policy to reward inept politicians with re-election just because of their party affiliation? And I disagree with you on Strayhorn. There are folks out there that wouldn't vote for a Democrat if Satan himself was running as a Republican. Those are the folks that will vote for Strayhorn and I believe there are more than 5-7% out there. All those votes come right out of Perry's column. You go one tough grandma!! Also, recall the '92 presidential election. Similar circumstances. An inept, do nothing incumbent (not to the degree of Perry), a somewhat controversial independent who got all of his votes from the incumbent and the challenger who couldn't have won a one on one election with the incumbent. Yes it is still an uphill battle for Bell but now he has at least a snow balls chance in hell.

Uh, libs aren't the only ones tired of Perry. Besides, Strayhorn hasn't even started pulling in the Bush Administration chits yet. Perry as the Republican incumbant will get the official endorsement from the White House, but there will be a lot more behind-the-scenes support for Strayhorn than you think from Republican insiders. She has more than 10 million in the bank, fringe candidates don't get to play with that kind of money. Where do you think she got that kind of money if her candidacy wasn't viewed as worthy by people on the right side of the aisle?

And why exactly does Perry deserve another term? What has he done, other than his hair? Do you think it is good policy to reward inept politicians with re-election just because of their party affiliation? And I disagree with you on Strayhorn. There are folks out there that wouldn't vote for a Democrat if Satan himself was running as a Republican. Those are the folks that will vote for Strayhorn and I believe there are more than 5-7% out there. All those votes come right out of Perry's column. You go one tough grandma!! Also, recall the '92 presidential election. Similar circumstances. An inept, do nothing incumbent (not to the degree of Perry), a somewhat controversial independent who got all of his votes from the incumbent and the challenger who couldn't have won a one on one election with the incumbent. Yes it is still an uphill battle for Bell but now he has at least a snow balls chance in hell.

Why does he deserve it ? Hmmmmm, I'll start off with the fact there has been 300,000 jobs created in Texas since he took office.

http://www.rickperry.org/jobs/

I'll let you read this to help you better understand.

Why does he deserve it ? Hmmmmm, I'll start off with the fact there has been 300,000 jobs created in Texas since he took office.

Well it doesn't go into what kind of jobs were created. If we have 300,000 more minimum wage jobs I'm not too excited. Also, who is to say Perry had anything to do with it. I'm not going to believe what his re-election web site says. Of course they are going to make it look like he has actually done something during his tenure.

Well it doesn't go into what kind of jobs were created. If we have 300,000 more minimum wage jobs I'm not too excited. Also, who is to say Perry had anything to do with it. I'm not going to believe what his re-election web site says. Of course they are going to make it look like he has actually done something during his tenure.

Thats 300,000 more people off welfare, and I am sure they are NOT all minimum wage.

But:

Ok, then what is it that he isn't doing, that you consider to be the hot button, for YOU.

...............and west, I know you wouldn't believe it if the information was on Chris Bell's site.

Thats 300,000 more people off welfare, and I am sure they are NOT all minimum wage.

But:

Ok, then what is it that he isn't doing, that you consider to be the hot button, for YOU.

...............and west, I know you wouldn't believe it if the information was on Chris Bell's site.

Three words. School Finance Reform. He had a completely Republican controlled state leadership and he still couldn't get it done. I know it isn't all his fault. The republican legislature, who found time to get the cheerleaders to stop gyrating, is to blame also. But he is the boss. The blame goes to the top. And isn't welfare now a mute point after the reforms in the '90's, especially in Texas?

Three words. School Finance Reform. He had a completely Republican controlled state leadership and he still couldn't get it done. I know it isn't all his fault. The republican legislature, who found time to get the cheerleaders to stop gyrating, is to blame also. But he is the boss. The blame goes to the top. And isn't welfare now a mute point after the reforms in the '90's, especially in Texas?

Over $9 billion, in NEW money came in for schools, but we had a very large infusion of NEW kids, from a little bad weather last year.People (libs) seem to forget about that for some reason. School budget is being handled. Strayhorn says she wants a special session for it. If she has such a great idea to change things and that she will definately win with her "PLAN", then why not go ahead and announce it, to solidify her Governorship ? Truth is she has no better plan than what is in place at this time, so she is gonna spout off about School Reform, School Reform. She has already said that Gov. Perry's plan for diffenrt taxes for business and homes will be a fix for the situation, but she says only a "temporary fix". If it works now what will be the difference, down the road. She doesn't explain her views EVER ! :closedeyes:

Over $9 billion, in NEW money came in for schools, but we had a very large infusion of NEW kids, from a little bad weather last year.People (libs) seem to forget about that for some reason. School budget is being handled. Strayhorn says she wants a special session for it. If she has such a great idea to change things and that she will definately win with her "PLAN", then why not go ahead and announce it, to solidify her Governorship ? Truth is she has no better plan than what is in place at this time, so she is gonna spout off about School Reform, School Reform. She has already said that Gov. Perry's plan for diffenrt taxes for business and homes will be a fix for the situation, but she says only a "temporary fix". If it works now what will be the difference, down the road. She doesn't explain her views EVER ! :closedeyes:

They did nothing to provide tax relief to the home owners. Something they promised. Something the GOP has been promising since Bush was Governor. So much for promises. I really don't care what Strayhorn says. She would be as much a disaster in the Governor's chair as Perry.

Sure, he's the Gov so he get's credit for that. However, I suspect Texas would have had a similar number no matter who was the Gov. during the same timeframe.

Sure, he's the Gov so he get's credit for that. However, I suspect Texas would have had a similar number no matter who was the Gov. during the same timeframe.

Exactly. No Govenor of Texas could ever have that kind of power.

In Texas politics, if you want face time, run for Govenor.

If you want power, run for Lt. Govenor.

B)

Exactly. No Govenor of Texas could ever have that kind of power.

In Texas politics, if you want face time, run for Govenor.

If you want power, run for Lt. Govenor.

B)

Yes, unfortunately, I believe the equally inept David "I know nooooothing about hiring the Abramoff associated lobbyist for Texas, it was all Perry" Dewhurst is unopposed this go round.

But, Perry, made it a point to go out and try to get big business to come back to Texas after all the dotcom bust. He definately had some bering in all of it.

But, Perry, made it a point to go out and try to get big business to come back to Texas after all the dotcom bust. He definately had some bering in all of it.

Hmmm.....exactly what did he do? Even his website deals only in vague generalities. Must have wowed the CEO's with his awesome hair.

Hmmm.....exactly what did he do? Even his website deals only in vague generalities. Must have wowed the CEO's with his awesome hair.

Must have been. West, you still haven't answered my question about what he is not doing, that is your HOT button issue. Can you answer that now or are you also blinded by the "good hair" ?

Must have been. West, you still haven't answered my question about what he is not doing, that is your HOT button issue. Can you answer that now or are you also blinded by the "good hair" ?

I answered it before. School Finance Reform. Back through Bushes Governorship Republicans have been promising to shift the school tax burden away from homeowners. Hasn't happened yet.

What really gets me about Perry is the way he stuck his well coiffed face in front of the cameras while we were setting up for the Katrina refugees. White and (forgive me but the county judges name escapes me now) were doing all the logistical setup and Perry was trying to make it look like it was his doing. Typical politician. Do nothing but take credit for what gets done.

I answered it before. School Finance Reform. Back through Bushes Governorship Republicans have been promising to shift the school tax burden away from homeowners. Hasn't happened yet.

What really gets me about Perry is the way he stuck his well coiffed face in front of the cameras while we were setting up for the Katrina refugees. White and (forgive me but the county judges name escapes me now) were doing all the logistical setup and Perry was trying to make it look like it was his doing. Typical politician. Do nothing but take credit for what gets done.

I'm sorry I missed your reply earlier.

Judge Eckels is who you are looking for.

You don't think that Ann Richards wouldn't have had her big fat face right in the middle of it all also ? C'mon guy !

Oh Yeah,....... Mayor White asked Gov. Perry for help. Mayor White wanted a little group of people called The National Guard to come and help.

You don't think that Ann Richards wouldn't have had her big fat face right in the middle of it all also ? C'mon guy !

Oh Yeah,....... Mayor White asked Gov. Perry for help. Mayor White wanted a little group of people called The National Guard to come and help.

And just how does 'ol Anne being a camera hog (assuming she was, she's been out of office a long time, I can't remember) justify Perry's credit grabbing? Did Ma Richards throw her hat in the ring? I'm not falling for that old Republican trick of justifying someones actions by using the old "well there not the only ones". I haven't heard so much "well they do it too" since I was in grade school. If Sister Mary Richard heard you use that argument she'd slap your knuckles into next week. :D

And just how does 'ol Anne being a camera hog (assuming she was, she's been out of office a long time, I can't remember) justify Perry's credit grabbing? Did Ma Richards throw her hat in the ring? I'm not falling for that old Republican trick of justifying someones actions by using the old "well there not the only ones". I haven't heard so much "well they do it too" since I was in grade school. If Sister Mary Richard heard you use that argument she'd slap your knuckles into next week. :D

Of course the cameras are obviously gonna follow a Gov. that calls out the National Guard, he wasn't mugging for the camera, and I can't help the fact that there have been NO Dem. Govs. in Austin the past few years, I guess if she had done a decent job then she would still be there now wouldn't she, so who do you compare to ? I don't hear you crying over the Louisiana Gov.(D) when she was definately hoggin Mayor Nagin's spotlight. :D It always turns into "they do it too." because you guys never want to turn that spotlight on yourselves, talk about self-righteous, you guys are the worst.

This brings up an interesting topic that might be a little off-topic here, but did anyone read the Chron story Sunday that had all the emails from the Perry team during the Katrina evacuation to Houston? From what I remember, White and Eckels were a picture of harmony and teamwork through the entire episode. The paper on the other hand said Perry's team was discussing taking over the operation due to their analysis of ineptitude and in-fighting between the city and county. This is the first I heard of that, and I tend to believe that Eckels and White were doing a bang-up job under the circumstances and not the other way around. I spent more than a few days volunteering at the Dome, and at no point did the operation look like it was in disarray.

That to me shows a grandstanding Governor with a pompous staff to boot.

Administration worried about tide of evacuees

This brings up an interesting topic that might be a little off-topic here, but did anyone read the Chron story Sunday that had all the emails from the Perry team during the Katrina evacuation to Houston? From what I remember, White and Eckels were a picture of harmony and teamwork through the entire episode. The paper on the other hand said Perry's team was discussing taking over the operation due to their analysis of ineptitude and in-fighting between the city and county. This is the first I heard of that, and I tend to believe that Eckels and White were doing a bang-up job under the circumstances and not the other way around. I spent more than a few days volunteering at the Dome, and at no point did the operation look like it was in disarray.

That to me shows a grandstanding Governor with a pompous staff to boot.

Administration worried about tide of evacuees

Heights I want to thank you for helping out there, that takes alot of heart, my wife and I were doing what we could here in Katy when the roads were stopped up. Thanks to you, I knew you were a good person.

TJ,

Thanks for that. I don't care about Perry, Richards or any other govenor-they are irrelevant. What it takes is a White, an Eckels, a TJ and a nmainguy and a HeightsGuy throwing all our BS to the curb and doing the stand up thing. Drinks and pats on the backs all around!

B)

Archived