Tim Horton's Opening Houston Area Locations

I saw the thread for the location on Richey Road, but figured it might make sense for a separate one regarding the overall push into the area. 

The location in Katy on Clay Road between the Grand Parkway and Mason Road has had a soft opening as of yesterday (8/31). The grand opening will be on September 9th. Based on previous reports, it is the first location to open in Texas.

The location on Richey Road and another on the Northwest Freeway just south of Tidwell are expected to open later in the year.

The article linked mentions the franchise group is also looking for sites in multiple areas around the metro including: "The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Rosenberg, the Energy Corridor, Spring, West University and Tomball" with later plans for expansion into DFW.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I mentioned it in the Brazos Town Center thread, but it looks like we might know where the Rosenberg location will end up. 

The leasing map places it on the small, triangular piece of land behind the Kroger Marketplace and adjacent to the Springhill Suites hotel. That space has always been proposed as a place for a restaurant of some sort. Rather than simply saying "proposed" like many tenants, it is listed as "coming soon".

Edited by ChannelTwoNews

• 7 months later...

https://www.galvnews.com/business/buzz/biz-buzz-canadian-chain-tim-hortons-eyes-league-city-parcel/article_c1fe49f0-3a23-5185-9922-1a858e0ad768.html

"Those in the know say Tim Hortons, also called Timmies or Tim’s, is interested in a 1.7-acre parcel owned by League City United Methodist Church, which owns about 16 acres along the south side of West League City Parkway, the west side of Calder Drive and the north side of Turner Street."

• 4 months later...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/ikea-new-format-store-katy-tim-hortons-westheimer-18408157.php

"Elsewhere, Tim Hortons, the popular Canadian coffee chain and bakery that made its Houston debut in Katy last fall, opens a third regional restaurant Friday at 8910 Westheimer, at Fondren. It will be the first here to be open around-the-clock. Some locations, such as Katy, are open 24 hours on select days such as weekends. A fourth area location will follow at 13451 Northwest Freeway."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, august948 said:

Went to the one in Katy a few weeks ago.  The donuts and coffee were ok, not spectacular, but decent enough.  They keep their donuts cold and we discovered the next day that the frosting on the donuts left over melted at room temp.

I don't think cold would work too well for this particular donut.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, august948 said:

Went to the one in Katy a few weeks ago.  The donuts and coffee were ok, not spectacular, but decent enough.  They keep their donuts cold and we discovered the next day that the frosting on the donuts left over melted at room temp.

I wonder if that's a sign that the frosting is made with butter or lard or something else that's not stable at room temperature like artificial equivalents.

I'm a fan of Tim Bits.  I'll have to check this out the next time I'm in Katy.  But to be honest, I'm more likely to end up at a Tim's in Toronto before Katy.

2 hours ago, editor said:

I wonder if that's a sign that the frosting is made with butter or lard or something else that's not stable at room temperature like artificial equivalents.

I'm a fan of Tim Bits.  I'll have to check this out the next time I'm in Katy.  But to be honest, I'm more likely to end up at a Tim's in Toronto before Katy.

I'll give the Tim Bits a try next time.  If nothing else, it's a place to get coffee and donuts at zero dark thirty, especially now that the Westheimer location is open. 

Anything else worth checking out?

43 minutes ago, august948 said:

I'll give the Tim Bits a try next time.  If nothing else, it's a place to get coffee and donuts at zero dark thirty, especially now that the Westheimer location is open. 

Anything else worth checking out?

It's been probably ten years since I was a semi-regular, so the menu has probably changed a lot.  Plus, a lot of the inventory is seasonal.  But if you like Dunkin', you'll like Tim's.  I'm not sure why people who have access to both bicker about which is better; I like them both.

The nice thing about Tim Horton's is that it's open 24-hours.  I'm surprised how few places of any kind (doughnut shops, taco joints, pharmacies, supermarkets, bakeries, bowling alleys) are open 24 hours in Houston.  When I lived in Chicago, I'd sometimes get off of work at 11pm on a Sunday night, walk to the bowling alley, take a bus to a sandwich joint, then take the train to the pharmacy and then grab a newspaper on the way home.  If I can't sleep in Houston, pretty much all I can do is drive in circles around Beltway 8.

• Like 1