ricco67

I think this is starting to be an interesting trend downtown.

1301 McKinney recently completed a similar project in one part of the building and they had just closed off another part and I suspect they're going to do the same thing.

There are a number of buildings aorund town in which this would improve the look of their buildings. Besides, it'll give the smokers a place to stand in the shade.

• Like 1

Chase Tower did the same thing recently with a bunch of trees. Looks nice.

I watched them build the 1301 McKinney area when I was in 2 Houston Center.

But why should the smokers get all the cool spots to hang? They should have to smoke while standing in a puddle of bum tinkle.

Smokers were a big problem at 2 Houston Center.

• Haha 1

• 16 years later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/10/03/nrg-energy-to-move-headquarters-to-houston-center.html

"Houston-based NRG Energy Inc. (NYSE: NRG) has leased approximately 245,000 square feet on the top 10 floors of 3 Houston Center, at 1301 McKinney St., Brookfield Properties said Oct. 3. The integrated power and home services company is expected to move into the new space in January 2026.

Chris Oliver, Trey Strake, and David Guion of Cushman & Wakefield represented NRG in the lease negotiations, while Doug Little, Kelli Gault, Jack Scharnberg, and Parker Burkett of Transwestern represented Brookfield Properties."