Former Hubcap Grill Retail Space At 1111 Prairie St.

downtowndweller

• 13 years later...
4 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

It looks like a new business is going to operate at 1111 Prairie Street soon.

Signage permits indicates an eatery, possibly Mexican, named El Pubelo. The permit also shows Campesino Coffee will operate here. 

Campesino is expanding here. They’re in the process of renovations to the old Hubcap space currently 

Edited by tigereye
  • Like 6

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found some info on the building next door. If we could get some more retail in these areas it would be so much nicer. I saw a few little old buildings downtown that really go unnoticed because they lack retail. 

https://www.greenbergcompany.com/inventory/?propertyId=189681-lease

I took a few Google screengrabs. These little pockets of downtown have SO MUCH POTENTIAL it's crazy. 

Pic 01.PNG

Pic 02.PNG

Pic 03.PNG

Pic 04.PNG

Pic 05.PNG

6 minutes ago, rechlin said:

The new coffee shop now has a nice new mural next door on the Sam Houston Hotel:

AAfI0Z5.jpg

I believe that one is part of the Big Art Bigger Change series all around Downtown. 

If anyone's looking for a nice afternoon activity (or a cheap and low-stress field trip), I highly recommend a downtown mural scavenger hunt.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Former Hubcap Grill Retail Space At 1111 Prairie St.