Vacant Lot At 2800 San Jacinto St.

houstontexasjack

• 2 years later...

I don't know what this was and I don't know that this is the right place for it, but there's some kind of activity on the lot across from Drewery in front of the mural - plywood in unusual formations. Still a big FOR SALE sign so I don't know what's being done but it's odd.

2058569981_ScreenShot2021-08-05at3_04_53PM.png.3dfd2a9c984f09fceb1c38a1504d9495.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, corbs315 said:

I don't know what this was and I don't know that this is the right place for it, but there's some kind of activity on the lot across from Drewery in front of the mural - plywood in unusual formations. Still a big FOR SALE sign so I don't know what's being done but it's odd.

2058569981_ScreenShot2021-08-05at3_04_53PM.png.3dfd2a9c984f09fceb1c38a1504d9495.png

Not sure if the wood structures are related, but the entities that own this lot (BAP 2800, LLC & Grassy Knoll, LLC) just submitted documentation asserting that the groundwater pollution under the site has reached an acceptable level. Assuming the monitoring/abatement is complete, this entire block is now available for immediate development.

https://www.publicworks.houstontx.gov/sites/default/files/assets/executive_summary_2020_148_fpc.pdf

Also of note, this same group is supposed to be speaking 8/10 at this meeting:
City of Houston Special-Called Council Committee on Regulatory and Neighborhood Affairs

• Like 4

• The title was changed to 2819 Fannin & 2800 San Jacinto - Future Development
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2021 at 6:41 PM, corbs315 said:

The spools are now set up as tables and chairs and there is fencing lol I have no idea 

I walked by this lot yesterday and it looks like this is set-up to be a food truck park??? There was a small trailer there which was marked as being a vegan food vendor. There were also several enclosed areas among the spool "tables" that could possibly be bars??? All they need is an event tent and some bathrooms to make this a very cool concept.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Walked by yesterday and there was a parking attendant there who made several statements while referencing "my boss" and "the investors" so his information sounds reliable considering the movement we've seen on the lot.

The development in progress is for a food truck park that will include a bar, which should be open in the next 2-3 months. There are several quirky ideas they have that will be used to attract customers.

The multi-story building on San Jacinto is also being targeted for activation, but he didn't have any details on prospective uses or a timeline.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phillip_white said:

Walked by yesterday and there was a parking attendant there who made several statements while referencing "my boss" and "the investors" so his information sounds reliable considering the movement we've seen on the lot.

The development in progress is for a food truck park that will include a bar, which should be open in the next 2-3 months. There are several quirky ideas they have that will be used to attract customers.

The multi-story building on San Jacinto is also being targeted for activation, but he didn't have any details on prospective uses or a timeline.

This is the type of organic, smaller business enabling growth you'd want to see. If this does happen, would be very cool and it helps add another node of development on that strip of Fanin, so instead of zoom-zooming people might slow down and smell the roses a bit and catch a bite to eat. 

You got a handful of medical offices opening or opened up near there, and this. I like where this is going, nice variety.

Edited by X.R.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 2819 Fannin St. & 2800 San Jacinto St. - Future Development
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

1120 Dennis St was formerly home to Allied Medical Centers. The former medical clinic site was available for lease for a while. Earlier this month, the property was unlisted.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1120-Dennis-St-Houston-TX/18268521/

Details from the listing:

Building size: 4,300 sf
Parking: 23 surface parking spaces

FtOI8i7.jpg

ouLhEOW.jpg

pA0mMhV.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 5:22 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

According to a recent alcohol permit filing, there's a new tenant opening soon at 1120 Dennis St. The name listed on the permits is Ruined. 

Based on the permits the business applied for, Ruined will probably be a club or a bar.

It would be an unfortunate name for a dry-cleaner.

• Haha 4

• The title was changed to Demo 2800 and 1120 Dennis St.