Post Oak Park: Retail Center At 4520 San Felipe St.

• 1 year later...

but that building fits in perfectly with the surrounding area. there was zero chance that Hines was going to develop an architectural wonder in what is still a very residential area. remember, they received a lot of blow back from many of their river oaks neighbors. in addition, the bulk of their tenants will be private wealth managers, family trusts/foundations and they like... they needed something understated and classic which is definitely what i would consider 2229. the design doesn't exist in a vacuum - location matters and a very random lot on a two-lane street in a very residential area does not equal prime estate real estate along the west loop - if anyone has earned the benefit of the doubt its Hines.

just my opinion.

Not to agree with swtsig so often, but i think there is alot to be said about the enviroment in which the building is in. I have no heartache whatsoever about 2229. I think it works fine in the area. by the way everyone is talking, I expect Amegy Bank to be totally different and much more significant.

The corner of San Felipe and 610 is pretty hideous. Ashley Furniture? Gas Station? Target? Before the West Creek stuff got going, this seemed to be a quasi-suburban eyesoar. I think anything is an improvement, but that strip center near the future Amegy HQ looks AWFUL.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

That Jack in the Box signed a lease many years ago. You can bet as soon as their lease expires, that building will be razed for something that justifies the high land cost in that area. You wouldn't be able to build a Jack in the Box today on $100psf+ land.

• Like 2

Oh for goodness sake, stop making things complicated. 

I know people in Uptown eat food I'm not stupid. I was just pointing out the juxtaposition of a suburban style fast food restaurant right across from a gigantic edge city filled with mostly luxury shopping,work, dining, and entertainment experiences. 

Edited by TowermaniacXD

Oh for goodness sake, stop making things complicated. 

I know people in Uptown eat food I'm not stupid. I was just pointing out the juxtaposition of a suburban style fast food restaurant right across from a gigantic edge city filled with mostly luxury shopping,work, dining, and entertainment experiences. 

only in houston, only in houston. wish this city had zoning

IIRC, that Jack in the Box was there before Micro Center occupied the space a block north where Amegy is going up.  It's a commercial use, so zoning really doesn't have much to do with it one way or the other.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Post Oak Park: Retail Center At 4520 San Felipe St.
  • 6 months later...