Greenway Plaza Campus (Buildings 1-21) Developments

• 3 weeks later...

why? there's nothing going up in greenway proper as of yet.

now just outside greenway proper....... :ph34r:

Well I thought since it was being reported by a lot of Houston's popular reporters that something was going up. Yea I see how nothing proper is announced for Greensway Plaza, but maybe in the near future something we be announced? 

I'm guessing swtsig may be referring to Levey park project?

I don't think so. That one is well known and he knows what everyone else is aware of.

From what little we know of him, that sounded at least like a "midrise is coming" type comment

• 11 months later...

Just a thought:

There seems to be alot going on in upper Kirby / Greenway plaza / River Oaks area. I would dare to say that Westcreek, River Oaks District, Kirby Grove, Azelea, 1717 San Felipe, Thor Equities, etc... all fit best in this page. Seems like this page / area would have plenty to go in it. I would say Uptown / Galleria is a tad bit too large in the area it covers, and its arguable that Galleria should not apply to areas inside of 610.

Thoughts on if this is worth creating?

• Like 1

Well Upper Kirby is it's own Management district. Maybe there should be a sub-forum full of Management districts or distinctive areas that aren't regularly named areas (like Downtown, Midtown, Uptown, Galleria, etc....). So then we have a subforum for places like: Upper Kirby, Greenway plaza, River Oaks, etc... Then again these could just be added to the Houston Neighborhood Subforum. Just my thoughts.

• 1 year later...

Yes, I know this still exists, technically, but from what I could tell it's little more than a collection of subterranean food court options (if this is inaccurate, please tell me). Anyway, there was this book called Houston Today, which you may have heard of since I posted scans of it (and later publicized a link of the whole scan), and it discusses developments of Houston in the early 1970s (not exactly "Today", but the whole thing is rife in such detail and optimism it's still fun to look at). One such development was Greenway Plaza, where it showed how the plans would look and all that. There were a number of facets of that development that apparently didn't get off the ground (high rise apartment buildings were discussed, I don't think they exist there).

But there was also plans for a rather extensive shopping concourse, with 70 to start to stretch up to "several hundred" as the Plaza developed. Anyone know how far along they got with this, and if it was ever as good as they said it would be? (Obviously, it wasn't supposed to be THAT big, as The Galleria had opened by this point and was about to expand with Galleria II)

haif_greenway.png

Two high rise residential buildings were built --  14 and 15 Greenway Plaza -- 30 stories each.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What exactly are they doing here?  They removed the whole superstructure above the garage (the framework for it was still visible in the second photo in the top post here), but then work seems to have stopped.  Are they rebuilding it?  Or extending the garage taller?  Or something else entirely?

• 3 weeks later...