Houston Medical Plaza Professional Building At 6655 Travis St.

I've always wondered about this building. It's a medical office building located at 6655 Travis Street in the TMC.  MD Anderson has a suite located inside of the building.  HTA Development acquired the property recently too.  HTA Development has been grabbing a lot of medical buildings in the Houston area as of late.

While reading the Loopnet listing I noticed there is major capital improvements planned in 2022.

Apparently it's connected to the Hilton Hotel next door. Very cool!

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/6655-Travis-St-Houston-TX/24019396/

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 9:48 PM, Highrise Tower said:

I've always wondered about this building. It's a medical office building located at 6655 Travis Street in the TMC.  MD Anderson has a suite located inside of the building.  HTA Development acquired the property recently too.  HTA Development has been grabbing a lot of medical buildings in the Houston area as of late.

While reading the Loopnet listing I noticed there is major capital improvements planned in 2022.

Apparently it's connected to the Hilton Hotel next door. Very cool!

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/6655-Travis-St-Houston-TX/24019396/

I remember trying to dig up information on the two structures years ago.

They were built as part of a development that was initially promoted as "Travis Centre". I don't recall if there were plans to build anything additional, but the hotel came before office building. The hotel was designed by S.I. Morris and opened in 1980. The office building was designed by Morris-Aubry and opened in 1983. I'd have to go back to my Houston Post archive printouts to get more specifics. 

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
  • Like 1