Discovery Green Park At 1500 McKinney St.

c4smok

Since the park is on the east side of downtown, I like EastHo :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nah, the EastHoes are all over by the port.

If you should have Wildwood and a Jefferson, they'll take you on over by the Wayside and let you Polk your Clinton through their Canals. Don't forget to wear Goode Armour. Oh, and watch out for the Manchester. You'll know her when you see her on account of her Forest Hills and the Woodridge.

[if only I could set that to the voice and rhythm of George Carlin...]

If you should have Wildwood and a Jefferson, they'll take you on over by the Wayside and let you Polk your Clinton through their Canals. Don't forget to wear Goode Armour. Oh, and watch out for the Manchester. You'll know her when you see her on account of her Forest Hills and the Woodridge.

You are too funny to me. I love your posts as well as those of Red Scare or whatever his login is and Hizzyl You all think like I do .... we are out there but know what we are sayin'. :P

>:):lol::ph34r:

too funny.

I couldn't come up with anything clever, so I submitted something sarcastic and unnecessary. I shouldn't have done it, but I've been under a lot of stress lately and I was feeling mean spirited. Not that that's any good reason.

I like Magnolia Gardens but there's already one of those.

Edited by KimberlySayWhat

I couldn't come up with anything clever, so I submitted something sarcastic and unnecessary. I shouldn't have done it, but I've been under a lot of stress lately and I was feeling mean spirited. Not that that's any good reason.

I like Magnolia Gardens but there's already one of those.

Hey, Kim, since you discovered Sprall as one of our main seasons, the other being Summer, perhaps we could call it Sunshine Park? B)

You know, I also like H-Town Man's suggestion of Houston Green(s). Certainly not a generic "named after" moniker and probably has the ability to endure.

Midway Gardens has a nice ring to it as well--at least, in my feable mind,

Thanks, but it wasn't my idea - see wendyps's post above.

Midway Gardens has already been used - it was an entertainment venue on Chicago's Midway Plaisance back in the 1910's-1920's, designed by none other than the Master:

http://www.press.uillinois.edu/s98/kruty.html

Edited by H-Town Man

Since there are many oaks already in the proposed park, I was thinking something with oak in it. Oak Place, Oak Plaza, etc

Yes, a million things named Something Oak(s) in Houston isn't enough...let's make it 1,000,001.

How about "Sweaty Palms Park"?

Yes, a million things named Something Oak(s) in Houston isn't enough...let's make it 1,000,001.

How about "Sweaty Palms Park"?

:D

incidentally, i was thinking of something along the line of pine trees - maybe a hybrid: sweaty whispering pines park?

or maybe pinecone park?

or maybe pinacolada park?

okay, then i guess my source, whom i have complete faith in and who has personal, intimate knowledge of behind closed doors conversations, would give me an earlier date :mellow:

i just passed along what ive heard, so take it fwiw and dont shoot the messenger.

Hey there, Houston-development... Any updates on that August groundbreaking from your source, in whom you have complete faith and who has personal, intimate knowledge of behind closed doors conversations?

Or has there been a setback to, oh, say October 16?

;-)

No names really seem to leap out for the park. That area really doesn't have any particular historical significance that would suggest a name. Could they just call it Houston Center Park? It makes the location clear, and it is close to the "Central Park" idea they want to convey.

Being downtown last night (Carlos Mencia rocked!), I noticed that they closed off Crawford where at where the park is supposed to be at.

seems silly to have just a block of Crawford between the arena and the park. But it is handy, to zoom around the hotel if you miss it, I guess.