Concept Neighborhood to Redevelop 201 Roberts Street and Surrounding Areas

• The title was changed to Pita Pal Purchased - 3100 Canal

The two vacant lots adjacent to Valero at the intersection of Canal and Sampson (3301 Canal and 3402 Canal) are linked to the owner of "Concept Neighborhood, LLC", a business that "clusters and manages mixed-use properties in walkable urban neighborhoods".

ALJ Lindsey is on the WW permits.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ljchou said:

a business that "clusters and manages mixed-use properties in walkable urban neighborhoods".

Sounds good to me! Very excited that this kind of mentality is becoming more prevalent in developments popping up in Second Ward.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2021 at 12:56 PM, thedistrict84 said:

The EaDo name creep continues. Ugh. I feel like there should be a PSA directed at all Houstonians on the actual borders of EaDo. This is getting ridiculous. 

Eh, it's close enough to Downtown. People call Greater Eastwood the 2nd ward even though it's south of Harrisburg (originally the 3rd ward). 

On 7/3/2021 at 12:56 PM, thedistrict84 said:

The EaDo name creep continues. Ugh. I feel like there should be a PSA directed at all Houstonians on the actual borders of EaDo. This is getting ridiculous. 

Eh, I really don't see the problem tbh. The train tracks as a division between "official" EaDo and "official" East End has always seemed kinda arbitrary to me. East End has history that shouldn't be bulldozed over, but this upper Navigation/Canal area feels much more of a piece with EaDo than, say, anything east of Sampson. The names have exact meanings to the management districts, but I don't see why they need to for cultural purposes

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, ljchou said:

What are soil samples used for? Thanks!

Probably foundation and materials testing to check the conditions required to build. Most constructions projects do this to test what it's going to take to build the right foundation required for the build.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hindesky said:

Probably foundation and materials testing to check the conditions required to build. Most constructions projects do this to test what it's going to take to build the right foundation required for the build.

Would they test the soil for any contaminants as well? I'm assuming this was a formerly industrial property given that it is the east end.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sapo2367 said:

Would they test the soil for any contaminants as well? I'm assuming this was a formerly industrial property given that it is the east end.

Yes. I talked to a friend of a friend that is new to my fantasy football league this year, and he said that the works for a company that does a lot of core sampling (including the East End) and that their clients hire them to do soil contamination checks as well. Sometimes they need clearance for property development loans.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

There has been an uptick in activity at this site, mostly inside the warehouse. I’ve seen vans and work trucks there on a daily basis. I even spotted a Houston BCycle truck there the other day, which was a bit odd.

67E7EC9E-30A9-4BB8-9CB5-885623E49CA2.jpeg

Looking in HCAD the new ownership seems to be Concept Neighborhood -- the same people who own two other lots down the street

• Like 3

9 hours ago, sapo2367 said:

Looking in HCAD the new ownership seems to be Concept Neighborhood -- the same people who own two other lots down the street

That’s great news. Canal and Commerce have tremendous potential as a pedestrian-friendly, walkable corridor with all of these developments in the works.

Edited by thedistrict84

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 12:12 AM, thedistrict84 said:

That’s great news. Canal and Commerce have tremendous potential as a pedestrian-friendly, walkable corridor with all of these developments in the works.

There's some activity on Canal @ N Sampson.

58B5D996-07DA-4D0C-843F-E004B4DC206D_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Karin said:

There's some activity on Canal @ N Sampson.

Address for this site 3301 Canal St? 

Edit: As pointed out below, the taqueria is likely the former owner of the site.

There was a waste/water application filed last February and the owner/occupant is listed as Taqueria La Paloma. They seem to have some locations in Dallas. I just emailed their contact info and asked if it is them.

The address on the app is a civil engineering firm here in Houston. They did the 6 story mixed use at Studewood/11th  and the Lovett multi-building complex at Washington/Center/Silver. 

htgPuuK.png

Edited by wilcal
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, wilcal said:

Address for this site 3301 Canal St? 

There was a waste/water application filed last February and the owner/occupant is listed as Taqueria La Paloma. They seem to have some locations in Dallas. I just emailed their contact info and asked if it is them.

The address on the app is a civil engineering firm here in Houston. They did the 6 story mixed use at Studewood/11th  and the Lovett multi-building complex at Washington/Center/Silver. 

htgPuuK.png

The taqueria was the previous owner. Often on WW permits you'll notice the occupant is listed as the former owner while the buyer (or buyer's rep) is listed under "buyer".

• Like 1