Coco Crepes & Coffee - 3303 Richmond Ave.

• The title was changed to 3303 Richmond Ave.
  • 6 months later...
21 hours ago, hindesky said:

@IntheKnowHouston Do you know what the old this is going to be? Used to be the Velvet Elvis but got sued for the name and changed it to Velvet Melvin.

I don't know for certain, but I have a hunch 3303 Richmond Avenue will become another outpost for Zoa / Zoa Moroccan Kitchen.

Following CultureMap's report on Velvet Melvin's closure last year, I kept my eye on what may become of the property. A few weeks later, I noticed Youssef Nafaa purchased the property. Nafaa is the restaurateur-chef behind Zoa and Bella Restaurants Group (Mia Bella, CoCo Crepes Waffles Coffee, and others).

Nafaa disclosed a while back he's focusing on Zoa's expansion. With locations in the Washington Corridor and Bellaire, it makes sense he may have plans to bring the restaurant to the Upper Kirby area. I asked Nafaa about this last year, but he declined to comment.

Maybe his plans for the property will be reported in the coming months.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 2:16 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I don't know for certain, but I have a hunch 3303 Richmond Avenue will become another outpost for Zoa / Zoa Moroccan Kitchen.

Following CultureMap's report on Velvet Melvin's closure last year, I kept my eye on what may become of the property. A few weeks later, I noticed Youssef Nafaa purchased the property. Nafaa is the restaurateur-chef behind Zoa and Bella Restaurants Group (Mia Bella, CoCo Crepes Waffles Coffee, and others).

Nafaa disclosed a while back he's focusing on Zoa's expansion. With locations in the Washington Corridor and Bellaire, it makes sense he may have plans to bring the restaurant to the Upper Kirby area. I asked Nafaa about this last year, but he declined to comment.

The other suite will be a Coco Crepes— Looks fairly close to completion as well. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 2:16 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Zoa / Zoa Moroccan Kitchen is opening an outpost at 3303 Richmond Ave.

There is an announcement on the restaurant's website. It wasn't there in early January. It must have been added in recent weeks.

HNmUPwV.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/8/2023 at 4:07 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

The other suite will be a Coco Crepes— Looks fairly close to completion as well. 

From CultureMap earlier this week:

Coco Crepes & Coffee has claimed the former Velvet Melvin (3303 Richmond Ave.) for its newest location.

...in an approximately 2,600-square-foot space that seats 99 inside, plus a few more on a patio that runs along Richmond. Designed by Nafaa and local designer Amy Vonderau, the space includes floor-to-ceiling windows, lots of greenery...

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/coco-crepes-coffee-upper-kirby-open/

On 1/14/2023 at 12:16 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

On 2/9/2023 at 3:26 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Zoa / Zoa Moroccan Kitchen is opening an outpost at 3303 Richmond Ave.

There is an announcement on the restaurant's website. It wasn't there in early January. It must have been added in recent weeks.

HNmUPwV.png

Also from CultureMap earlier this week, news pertaining to what else is opening at 3303 Richmond Ave. The site was previously home to the bar Velvet Melvin.

Part of the space will also be allocated to a new location of Zoa. Details about when it will be opened will be released in the coming weeks.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/coco-crepes-coffee-upper-kirby-open/

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Coco Crepes & Coffee - 3303 Richmond Ave.