Council Approves Curb Vehicle-selling Practice.

Talbot

Jan. 11, 2006, 1:37PM

APPROVED ORDINANCE

Council approves curb vehicle-selling practice

'Curbstoning' can leave buyers with damaged car

By MATT STILES and KRISTEN MACK

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Car brokers who park for-sale vehicles on streets or lots without permission could pay fines and see their products towed under an ordinance the Houston City Council approved today.

Houston Chronicle

IMO, it's about time, I always thought the cars for sale on the side of the road were somewhat of an eyesore.

• 1 year later...
Jan. 11, 2006, 1:37PM

APPROVED ORDINANCE

Council approves curb vehicle-selling practice

'Curbstoning' can leave buyers with damaged car

By MATT STILES and KRISTEN MACK

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Car brokers who park for-sale vehicles on streets or lots without permission could pay fines and see their products towed under an ordinance the Houston City Council approved today.

Houston Chronicle

IMO, it's about time, I always thought the cars for sale on the side of the road were somewhat of an eyesore.

Halleluleah!

Yes, it is about time!

Now all we need is for the city to stop "Taqueria Trucks" from selling on any given intersection, now thats a pathetic eyesore. Can't count the times Mr. Zindler has to have the Health Dept cite them for not having any hot running water or clean facilities. Those ugly beat up trucks just started popping up everywhere. Another black eye on our city. Looks 3rd world.

Back to the topic, the link is broken so I couldn't read the story. What is the objection to parking for-sale vehicles on streets or lots? Is it only that they are considered an eyesore? Are there designated for-sale areas? I wasn't even aware this was a problem.

Back to the topic, the link is broken so I couldn't read the story. What is the objection to parking for-sale vehicles on streets or lots? Is it only that they are considered an eyesore? Are there designated for-sale areas? I wasn't even aware this was a problem.

Eyesore is the main reason on empty lots. The police could ticket owners in the past. But I guess the towing portion is part of the new ordinance. I know one neighborhood who is aggressive against cars like this.

Archived