Montrose Blvd. At Hawthorne St. Water Leak

A really bad water leak has developed right in the middle of the of the intersection of Montrose Blvd and Hawthorne St. If and when they fix it, they will create a traffic nightmare for anyone who uses these 2 streets. It's where the crack is just left of the van.

4B9tGDc.jpg

KqQWJRH.png

TJVdRWH.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 2:19 PM, hindesky said:

A really bad water leak has developed right in the middle of the of the intersection of Montrose Blvd and Hawthorne St. If and when they fix it, they will create a traffic nightmare for anyone who uses these 2 streets. It's where the crack is just left of the van.

4B9tGDc.jpg

KqQWJRH.png

TJVdRWH.jpg

The section of Hawthorne from Yoakum to Taft has had so many water leaks.

On 7/13/2022 at 3:05 PM, hindesky said:

They fixed the leak but did a temporary paving job.

They may have had no choice.
I Googled 'asphalt shortage 2022' and it turns out that asphalt supply chain issues are causing delays throughout the construction industry.

13 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

They may have had no choice.
I Googled 'asphalt shortage 2022' and it turns out that asphalt supply chain issues are causing delays throughout the construction industry.

They tend to always do a temporary paving job in my experience. The leak gets fixed, then a work order for the paving people is created, and they get it on their schedule. That's happened several times on my street.

Houston's shifting soils wreak havoc on water pipes. There's not a lot the City can do except fix the leaks when they happen.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Montrose Blvd. At Hawthorne St. Water Leak
  • 1 year later...