Polk St. Temporary Bike Lane

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 8:12 AM, wilcal said:

I've tried calling Houston Light and Pole twice and both times a manager said that they would look into it, but that they wouldn't be parking there if they didn't have a permit. 

So annoying. 

If they had a permit, they would have to post it, wouldn't they?

Too bad this doesn't qualify for a "private tow."  I used to lease a primo parking space downtown, and people who weren't me loved to park in it.  I probably had ten people towed in that first year.  All I had to do was sign the paper the tow truck driver gave me affirming that I had a legal right to use that space.

Maybe print out some fake parking tickets and stick them to the glass.

2 hours ago, editor said:

If they had a permit, they would have to post it, wouldn't they?

Too bad this doesn't qualify for a "private tow."  I used to lease a primo parking space downtown, and people who weren't me loved to park in it.  I probably had ten people towed in that first year.  All I had to do was sign the paper the tow truck driver gave me affirming that I had a legal right to use that space.

Maybe print out some fake parking tickets and stick them to the glass.

I'm still making efforts to have this fixed. We'll see!

They've actually been paying off-duty police officers to guard the vehicles overnight. 

• Sad 2

On 8/7/2022 at 5:10 PM, wilcal said:

I'm still making efforts to have this fixed. We'll see!

They've actually been paying off-duty police officers to guard the vehicles overnight. 

Too bad the councilperson for that area is not useful.

I've e-mailed twice, and received zero response.  Not even an automated acknowledgement that my e-mail was received.  Certainly will affect how I vote when the time comes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...