hindesky

• The title was changed to Emancipation EaDo: Multifamily
4 hours ago, Paco Jones said:

This is affordable housing (HHA).  50% of the 350 units will be market rate, the rest affordable units.  Waiting on building information...

Also, last I heard, Lovett was part of this deal as well.

Though I think affordable house is greatly needed. It is unbelievable how much of the affordable housing the city needs is getting stuffed into east downtown and the east end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastdwntwn said:

Though I think affordable house is greatly needed. It is unbelievable how much of the affordable housing the city needs is getting stuffed into east downtown and the east end. 

They are spread all over Houston.

rrUMg7M.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Eastdwntwn said:

If the city wants to develop affordable housing on the vacant lot down Blodgett St from me in Museum Park, I’d welcome it. Or the vacant lots between San Jacinto and Caroline a bit further west. Or both. 

• Like 1

Well, I guess people can't complain on Nextdoor about parking in that lot next to the dog park without paying and getting booted. 

There was some discussion happening here about these few pieces of land that were for sale including the backyard portion of 8th Wonder. I wonder if they sold, too.

Edit: This project will also be good for the CVS, but it may cut off some downtown views of the space on top of the Houston Post building for that event space on the third floor.

Edited by wilcal

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 1:16 PM, phillip_white said:

Any chance this one will start rising at the same time as the Broadstone Eado project? East Downtown/East End are on fire with multifamily at the moment. 

This plat has not been recorded yet, so I wouldn't expect any breaking of ground until 1Q23 at the earliest.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Better view of the property lines. It stretches from Polk St. to Bell St., western edge along the line by the little ball court, and juts between the two sets of townhomes. The 3 shotgun houses on Bell St. will be demolished.

HdS4SEt.jpg

• Like 8

Went back and they still haven't recorded the plat. 

It doesn't expire until first week of July, though. 

They'll have to get a separate permit for the cedar tree as it appears to be in the city ROW. Basically, it isn't their tree to tear down. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2022 at 5:42 PM, hindesky said:

New plat proposed for something called Emancipation Eado by Allied Orion Group.

0XD5EnP.pngsZPjYZo.png

On 5/15/2023 at 12:55 PM, wilcal said:

Went back and they still haven't recorded the plat. 

It doesn't expire until first week of July, though. 

They'll have to get a separate permit for the cedar tree as it appears to be in the city ROW. Basically, it isn't their tree to tear down. 

Another plat for the 2300 Polk St and the 0 Clay Ave parcels was submitted to the city's planning and development department. The plat was submitted yesterday. Emancipation EaDo is the listed name of the subdivision plat.

As mentioned before, Transwestern is marketing the parcels. The properties are described as the Bastrop Tract - Blocks 468 & 469.  2218 Polk St is the address provided on LoopNet.

h2ddGS4.jpg

py23S27.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1