About that “Surviving Active Shooter training

This was my post in Announcement Forum.  HPD usually offers it yearly. This was the program the Uvalde Schools police department had received => Surviving active shooter training  two months ago.  Because of my association with HPD/PIP, I have attended this presentation many times.  I am perplexed at the Uvalde School police reaction when the active   shooting event unfolded. 
This not pro gun or gun control oriented. It is a  compilation of data from all the active shooter events in US so far; plus plan of action to preserve as many lives as possible. 
I recommend attending. 

Chief's Citywide

"Positive Interaction Program”

For the month of March, our program presentation topic will be:  

“Surviving an Active Shooter”

March 8, Tuesday, 7 pm- In the age of Covid 19, economic uncertainty, and social unrest, some individuals are acting out in extremely violent ways.

One of the most obvious ways is to become an Active Shooter. How would you respond when your life is on the line?

Presented by Stephen Daniel, HPD Sr. Community Liaison, Subject matter expert: Active Shooter Defense for Citizens.

• 2 weeks later...

HPD as a community outreach program that promotes transparency 

positive interaction police  program started in 1983- I think there’s history of it if you google

The city is sectioned off- Montrose and. Heights is Central 1&2 division- Mts each first Monday of month.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to About that “Surviving Active Shooter training