Which HAIF Members Have You Met?

Montrose1100

Have you ever met/encountered another HAIF forummer?

I saw you once, walking in front of my town house on Leverkuhn, which was right around the corner from your town house on Blossom, which was right down the street from where that couple was killed on Floyd, over the holidays.

You denied it was you when I mentioned it, but I knew it was you.

• Like 1

I was taking pics of the Menil Grounds last week, and I saw some other dude with a camera walking around, and taking pics, as well. I did not bother him, though(I thought he might have been from here, as well)...

• Like 1

Ever see The Shop Around The Corner or You've Got Mail? I can too easily imagine something like that happening. ("Oh, it's YOU! And yet you seem so nice in person...")

Surely, at least a few HAIF members would recognize me if they saw me. There aren't that many pedestrians in my neighborhood, and we tend to be memorable.

FWIW, the HAIF members I've met so far (3-4?) have all been polite, attractive, didn't smell bad and haven't stalked me. Nice people, all.

• Like 1

There aren't that many pedestrians in my neighborhood, and we tend to be memorable.

Unfortunately, comapred to the rest of Houson neighborhoods, it does have quite a few, atleast in the commercial areas. I saw one young dude walking in deep Westmoreland singing in a suit when I was taking pics. Most people stare at people who are taking pics but he looked as if it was a normal occurrence.

Whats GHPA ?

Greater Houston Preservation Alliance. More than likely a walking tour. Did anyone go to the Courtland Place walking tour? If so, I was the only black dude there. So you probably saw me. :D

Edited by WesternGulf
  • Like 1

I saw you once, walking in front of my town house on Leverkuhn, which was right around the corner from your town house on Blossom, which was right down the street from where that couple was killed on Floyd, over the holidays.

You denied it was you when I mentioned it, but I knew it was you.

:lol: >:) Probibly because it wasn't me...

When are you home? I'll bring a big flag and wave it around and say "Me!!"

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 1

No no, you got me all wrong, I have no intentions of making fun of anybody. Anyway, you are probably quite a bit older than me, so it would be disrespectful of me to make fun of you.

You would have to be like 10 to call me sir. :rolleyes:

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 1

Man, I almost forgot about that. I'm sure I've seen skwatra at the Firehouse, too. :D

probably, if you were there before astros games or at 2:30am...

though when the firehouse existed, i wasn't very active on this board.

any chance i could swing by the Heights and get one of those phillies??

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Well I am interested in photography and one of the members has a photo blog and I saw his pic on the blog and I happened to see him on the street.

I was in Wal-Mart Supercenter looking at the digital cameras. I almost bought one, but I decided not to for two reasons.

First, cameras "make me shutter".

Second, I just couldn't "picture" myself with a camera.

• Like 1