Sign in to follow this  
Montrose1100

HAIF Member Spotting

Have you ever met/encountered another HAIF forummer?

I saw you once, walking in front of my town house on Leverkuhn, which was right around the corner from your town house on Blossom, which was right down the street from where that couple was killed on Floyd, over the holidays.

You denied it was you when I mentioned it, but I knew it was you.

• Like 1

Not that I know of, but I may have. Though sometimes I do meet people that I would expect a person on here to act and then I imagine them as that person.

• Like 1

I was taking pics of the Menil Grounds last week, and I saw some other dude with a camera walking around, and taking pics, as well. I did not bother him, though(I thought he might have been from here, as well)...

• Like 1

Ever see The Shop Around The Corner or You've Got Mail? I can too easily imagine something like that happening. ("Oh, it's YOU! And yet you seem so nice in person...")

Surely, at least a few HAIF members would recognize me if they saw me. There aren't that many pedestrians in my neighborhood, and we tend to be memorable.

FWIW, the HAIF members I've met so far (3-4?) have all been polite, attractive, didn't smell bad and haven't stalked me. Nice people, all.

• Like 1

There aren't that many pedestrians in my neighborhood, and we tend to be memorable.

Unfortunately, comapred to the rest of Houson neighborhoods, it does have quite a few, atleast in the commercial areas. I saw one young dude walking in deep Westmoreland singing in a suit when I was taking pics. Most people stare at people who are taking pics but he looked as if it was a normal occurrence.

Whats GHPA ?

Greater Houston Preservation Alliance. More than likely a walking tour. Did anyone go to the Courtland Place walking tour? If so, I was the only black dude there. So you probably saw me. :D

Edited by WesternGulf
  • Like 1

If you guys ever meet on accident, how do you know that who they are? Do you ask them do they go to this website or what?

• Like 1

Well I am interested in photography and one of the members has a photo blog and I saw his pic on the blog and I happened to see him on the street.

• Like 1

I saw you once, walking in front of my town house on Leverkuhn, which was right around the corner from your town house on Blossom, which was right down the street from where that couple was killed on Floyd, over the holidays.

You denied it was you when I mentioned it, but I knew it was you.

:lol: >:) Probibly because it wasn't me...

When are you home? I'll bring a big flag and wave it around and say "Me!!"

Edited by Montrose1100

To hell with Brokeback Mountain.

To hell with King Kong.

When dalparadise and Montrose1100 meet one another....now there's a movie! :D

Ok I see now. By the way WesternGulf, when will the first 2006 Houston Picture thread be?

I don't know. Bought a new camera and I am playing around with it to get use to settings.

:lol: >:) Probibly because it wasn't me...

When are you home? I'll bring a big flag and wave it around and say "Me!!"

What kind of flag? Just in case someone see's someone else waving a flag and yelling "Me"?

Oh, and can't wait WesternGulf.

What kind of flag? Just in case someone see's someone else waving a flag and yelling "Me"?

I'll go buy one and tell you.

How about this one?

Rainbow-Flag-and-Street_tcm64-91420.jpg

Maybe not. That's a bit 80s, isn't it?

I'll go buy one and tell you.

Alright. And Red, that one's too big, he might play some sick game where they all yell "Me!"

No no, you got me all wrong, I have no intentions of making fun of anybody. Anyway, you are probably quite a bit older than me, so it would be disrespectful of me to make fun of you.

Edited by Talbot

No no, you got me all wrong, I have no intentions of making fun of anybody. Anyway, you are probably quite a bit older than me, so it would be disrespectful of me to make fun of you.

You would have to be like 10 to call me sir. :rolleyes:

Edited by Montrose1100

I think I talked to RedScare at FireHouse Phillies (R.I.P.).

Man, I almost forgot about that. I'm sure I've seen skwatra at the Firehouse, too. :D

Man, I almost forgot about that. I'm sure I've seen skwatra at the Firehouse, too. :D

probably, if you were there before astros games or at 2:30am...

though when the firehouse existed, i wasn't very active on this board.

any chance i could swing by the Heights and get one of those phillies??

Well I am interested in photography and one of the members has a photo blog and I saw his pic on the blog and I happened to see him on the street.

I was in Wal-Mart Supercenter looking at the digital cameras. I almost bought one, but I decided not to for two reasons.

First, cameras "make me shutter".

Second, I just couldn't "picture" myself with a camera.

I don't think I have seen anyone, I got to talk to one on th ephone today though. It was kinda like meeting Mama Ninfa, a minor Houston Celeb you know.

when i'm back home and walking on campus at TSU, i always wondered if i would pass by GREYSTONE08- he doesn't post at this forum anymore though! But he was the only one i knew of on here that went to TSU and that's right down the street by where my ol' home is!

Edited by tierwestah

I've met 3 people from HAIF.

bobruss at UTHealth's C3 presentation.

brijonmang at the T2 mat pour.

hindesky at a brewery.

• Like 2

I've met 3 HAIFer's also.

The first was brijonmag on top of the parking garage next to Texas tower and Preston tower. He approached while I was taking pics and asked if I was hindesky.

bobruss at a his bands gig at the bar next to the Pit Room. 

and with High Rise Tower at the Urban South Brewery.

• Like 3

On 4/25/2020 at 8:05 PM, Highrise Tower said:

I've met 3 people from HAIF.

hindesky at a brewery.

ehemmmmm............... you forget me so easily.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I also encountered @cspwal taking pictures of the tower crane removal at the Marriott Marquis but at the time I didn't know it was him until he posted the pictures. We were both taking almost the same pics.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 2

Thanks for the cringe y’all. Appreciate 15yo me from the past being bumped.

I’ve met a few more since then. There was an unofficial HAIF meet up around 2010 or 2011 I can’t remember. Then I met Naviguesser and decided that was enough HAIF members for a lifetime.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2020 at 8:05 PM, Highrise Tower said:

I've met 4 people from HAIF.

hindesky at a brewery.

Avossos at the mat pour for The Preston (saved best for last 😀)

FIFY

I have only met 2 or 3...

Obviously Highrise Tower at Preston mat pour

I forget his handle, but another guy at the RDA tour of 609 Main

Also an occasional poster, employee for Lovett... also forget the name / handle.

Edited by Avossos
  • Haha 1