Victoria Service Station & Restaurant At 7807 Kirby Dr.

ssullivan

Victoria Station.  That is right.  The one on Main turned into a Droubis after Antones failed there.

It's still there now too.

Edit:

December 1, 1975.

IDxYWXn.jpg

Immediate openings available for all serving personnel. Apply between 3 and 5, Victoria Station Restaurant, 7807 Kirby Drive near the Dome. EOE

• 3 months later...

When was Victoria Station there? Did Antone's occupy this space later? I moved from Houston in 1978, and I vaguely remember going there back in the 60's-70's? Was it close to the intersection of South Main and OST?

• 3 years later...
It was actually located near S. Main and Kirby, where the new burger place is and where Target used to be. I think there was a po-boy shop in there?

You may be right, I seem to recall an Antoine's Po-Boy sign right in front of a boxcar on Main @ Kirby.

the rail car i am thinking of was on n. braeswood off of main. i remember it had different compartments to sit in. it was like walking through a maze. it was slightly upscale,

i also remember the one on kirby that i believe was an antones, and they were two different places.

the rail car i am thinking of was on n. braeswood off of main. i remember it had different compartments to sit in. it was like walking through a maze. it was slightly upscale,

i also remember the one on kirby that i believe was an antones, and they were two different places.

I believe that those rail cars were orginally Victoria's Station and then later became Antone's. It was on that triangular strip of land where Main and OST come together.

I believe that those rail cars were orginally Victoria's Station and then later became Antone's. It was on that triangular strip of land where Main and OST come together.

You are right, I remember when it was Victoria Station, late '70's - 80's. And that was down the cross street that the pony rides were located on (S.Main), at Kiddie Wonderland. There is a hamburger joint that has been there for many years on Kirby, across the street from Droubi's (VS). Can't remember the name.

• 7 months later...

Railhead was on Richmond Avenue. There was also a Victoria's Station (not sure where). BOth of those had train cars. Didn't Sonny Look's have a knight on horseback out front? Was there also a Look's Depot? I seem to remember that.

Was it called Railhead or Boxcar?

• 8 years later...

On the intersection of South Main Street and Old Spanish Trail there was a Sinclair service station that later became Antone's Import Company, but behind that service station was a Prince's Drive-In Restaurant and a Stuart's Restaurant was across the driveway. Yes that was Stuart's that had those AC tubes. But the 1st to use those tubes was a drive in movie theater. 

• The title was changed to Victoria Station/Antone’s/Droubi's At 7807 Kirby Dr.
  • The title was changed to Victoria Service Station & Restaurant At 7807 Kirby Dr.

Archived