Union East: Retail, Office Development At McKinney & Sampson St.

lots of little additions like this between Sampson and Milby and from Polk to just beyond Harrisburg.

really great for the area, I wonder if things keep expanding in the area if the planned removal of McKinney RR crossing between Scott and Milby might be reconsidered? granted, with as low as the quiet zone that removal is part of seems to be on the list of things, if the area keeps growing with these little projects, they may reconsider the removal.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Union East: Retail, Office Development at McKinney & Sampson
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 12:09 AM, ljchou said:

Two demo permits in the system for these buildings (in the pictures)

The permits mention partial demolition. I wonder if that means interior only or if they are going to knock down everything besides the two main structures to match up with the proposed site plan.

Website_Binswanger_Site+Plan.jpg?format=

Union East Demp

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Union East: Retail, Office Development at McKinney & Sampson St.
43 minutes ago, phillip_white said:

The permits mention partial demolition. I wonder if that means interior only or if they are going to knock down everything besides the two main structures to match up with the proposed site plan.

Website_Binswanger_Site+Plan.jpg?format=

Union East Demp

That makes sense! I didn't do too much research, just saw two demo permits and blindly associated them with the two buildings.

• The title was changed to Union East: Retail, Office Development At McKinney & Sampson St.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 7:20 PM, phillip_white said:

So this is just site work and the nightclub build out? No word on possible phase one tenants?

From an updated description of Union East's Loopnet listing over the summer:

"Two (2) 15,000 SF industrial buildings that are being converted to retail.  One of the 15,000 SF buildings is currently leased to an entertainment group out of Philadelphia, leaving 15,000 SF of available space."

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/3215-McKinney-St-Houston-TX/26213596/

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/8Jkcx0xl2oaFmr9ZA3J1mMpSUn3Xg_n7TrNGI-yDUus/Union East Deck.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...