Shipra At Emancipation

Goggle shows high rise apartments for a Shipra Tower in Sun City, South Africa. Here are the 2 lots, Shipra Emmacipation is about half used by Be Fit, 1/4 parking lot and the other 1/4 is an empty plumbing business. Shipra Tower is an empty lot now.

rDIqJAZ.jpg

TH1pV6j.jpg

Edited by hindesky

neat.

if it is apartments, it will say 'conveniently located near light rail station'.

once the trees next to the soccer stadium grow in a bit, it won't be that bad of a walk to the stations in the summer, but that's not an enticing walk in my opinion. 

On 5/2/2022 at 8:53 AM, samagon said:

neat.

if it is apartments, it will say 'conveniently located near light rail station'.

once the trees next to the soccer stadium grow in a bit, it won't be that bad of a walk to the stations in the summer, but that's not an enticing walk in my opinion. 

That’s a four block walk at most. The trees over near the Stadium actually provide a decent amount of shade. The trees by Circuit are a bit more sparsely situated, but once they mature will provide good shade on that side as well. 

Maybe I’ve become desensitized due to walking my high-energy dog all over the damn place all the time, but that doesn’t seem like that bad of a walk at all.

• Like 5

On 5/4/2022 at 11:06 AM, thedistrict84 said:

That’s a four block walk at most. The trees over near the Stadium actually provide a decent amount of shade. The trees by Circuit are a bit more sparsely situated, but once they mature will provide good shade on that side as well. 

Maybe I’ve become desensitized due to walking my high-energy dog all over the damn place all the time, but that doesn’t seem like that bad of a walk at all.

no doubt, it won't be as bad as say, trying to walk down Westheimer from Voss to Winrock, but isn't a walk I'd look forward to.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Texasota said:

I mean, if you're judging the walk by looking out the window while driving, I'm not sure that has much value.

well, I've also ridden my bike (trailhead for Columbia tap is right there), on these sidewalks (primarily because cars go pretty fast on the street), but point well taken.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Shipra At Emancipation Ave.
  • 3 weeks later...

The old plumbing business building is being torn down. Workers doing the demo said a guy of Indian descent owns the property and  claims he saw a bid to build a Montessori school but wasn't sure if it was here. Talked with a worker from BeFit who confirmed their move.

6TTn6Mq.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 4

On 7/23/2022 at 1:21 PM, hindesky said:

Talked with a guy from Eado Bike who said they tried to buy the "Shipra Tower" lot right next to them for parking. He said the plumbing company owned it and they didn't get along so they wouldn't sell it to them.

ew7uII7.jpg

I love EaDo Bike Co. but I’m glad they didn’t end up purchasing this lot. It’s destined for better things than parking (hopefully).