Three Aides Of Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo Indicted; Will This Doom Her Reelection Prospects In November?

Blue Dogs

23 minutes ago, august948 said:

There's no question that Lina is easy on the eyes...but what is up with the hand obsession?

Trump taught us all the importance of nicknames.

It was a close contest between Man Hands and The Crazy Cubano, but Man Hands won the day … they’re huge and really reinforce her mannish aesthetic, and the other one is, well, just redundant. (Anyway, hope she uses the right restrooms … maybe that’s why Steve Hotze didn’t endorse her. At least she got the nod from the Mattress King.) 

Edited by mattyt36

9 hours ago, Ross said:

Those same Republicans also despise Hidalgo for having the temerity to address problems in parts of the County not populated by well to do White folks. In their mind, the poor deserve to be poor, and we should not spend one dime on their streets, on crime in those areas, or on anything else, because it might possibly reduce the benefits the more deserving well to do  R voters are getting. For the terminally  clueless, that's sarcasm.

I'll be voting for Hidalgo this year.

Gotta agree that we spend way too many resources in well to do areas inside the loop.  The city and county should probably just cut those areas off and let them fend for themselves. 

For the terminally clueless, that's sarcasm.

Personally, I'm waiting for the side by side hand comparison before deciding who to vote for.

6 minutes ago, mattyt36 said:

Trump taught us all the importance of nicknames.

It was a close contest between Man Hands and The Crazy Cubano, but Man Hands won the day … they’re huge and really reinforce her mannish demeanor, and the other one is, well, just redundant. (Anyway, hope she uses the right restrooms … maybe that’s why Steve Hotze didn’t endorse her.) 

Trump is truly the master at nicknames.  Glad to see you're getting onboard with the Trump train.  Besides, I think our current Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has a way better claim on the Crazy Cubano moniker.

Does it matter anymore which restroom she chooses?

1 hour ago, august948 said:

Trump is truly the master at nicknames.  Glad to see you're getting onboard with the Trump train.  Besides, I think our current Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has a way better claim on the Crazy Cubano moniker.

Well, I am embarrassed, Man Hands does not have the ties to Cuba, but rather the grandparents fled the Spanish Civil War for Mexico, which is essentially the same at the end of the day.  Spanish Civil War refugees :Mexican politics :: Cuban refugees:American politics.  BUT accuracy is important, so MEA CULPA.

Anyway, same brand.  Don't know what it is with these first generationers who feel so entitled to enter American politics to "keep America from becoming Cuba," I mean, talk about egoistic and transferring your own neuroses on to others.  (See Cruz, Teduardo, Li'l Marco, and more than half of the Miami-Dade government.)  And she has lived in Houston all of what, a decade and thinks she can "save us" from "the state of utter lawlessness that continues to grip our entire county"?  (Her words, not mine, mind you.)  Harvard JD and MBA?  Has to make the entitlement even worse.  I mean, no thank you . . . VOMIT.  Go back to California, I hear they need your help . . . don't run away from the real problems, there, Alexandra.

Does it matter anymore which restroom she chooses?

I dunno, ask Steve Hotze.  And Lance Berkman.  I believe they run the Harris County Bathroom Police.

Edited by mattyt36
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 12:25 AM, hindesky said:

Republicans have their knives out for Hidalgo. They can't stand an educated Latina beat a white Republican for office and are doing everything they can to slam and smear her. I like her, voted for her and will vote for her again despite their attempts to slander her.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/republicans-harris-county-judge-lina-hidalgo/

2022 is a GOP wave year & I think both Garcia & Hidalgo go down in flames.

Expecting more law enforcement agencies to endorse Mealer. 

14 hours ago, mattyt36 said:

Well, I am embarrassed, Man Hands does not have the ties to Cuba, but rather the grandparents fled the Spanish Civil War for Mexico, which is essentially the same at the end of the day.  Spanish Civil War refugees :Mexican politics :: Cuban refugees:American politics.  BUT accuracy is important, so MEA CULPA.

Anyway, same brand.  Don't know what it is with these first generationers who feel so entitled to enter American politics to "keep America from becoming Cuba," I mean, talk about egoistic and transferring your own neuroses on to others.  (See Cruz, Teduardo, Li'l Marco, and more than half of the Miami-Dade government.)  And she has lived in Houston all of what, a decade and thinks she can "save us" from "the state of utter lawlessness that continues to grip our entire county"?  (Her words, not mine, mind you.)  Harvard JD and MBA?  Has to make the entitlement even worse.  I mean, no thank you . . . VOMIT.  Go back to California, I hear they need your help . . . don't run away from the real problems, there, Alexandra.

I dunno, ask Steve Hotze.  And Lance Berkman.  I believe they run the Harris County Bathroom Police.

Flipping through Lina's bio it looks like she has about the same tenure in Houston, give or take a couple of years.  Probably less than ten years it you count it up to the time she took office.  As for California, Lina's a Standford grad, so she's spent some years living there too.  How that has informed her viewpoint one can only guess.  But, I guess if she went to Stanford and Alexandra went to Harvard then we've got an east coast-west coast thing going on.

4 hours ago, Blue Dogs said:

2022 is a GOP wave year & I think both Garcia & Hidalgo go down in flames.

Expecting more law enforcement agencies to endorse Mealer. 

Absolutely piercing and insightful analysis, as always. (Or is it more of an incantation?)

3 hours ago, august948 said:

Flipping through Lina's bio it looks like she has about the same tenure in Houston, give or take a couple of years.  Probably less than ten years it you count it up to the time she took office.  As for California, Lina's a Standford grad, so she's spent some years living there too.  How that has informed her viewpoint one can only guess.  But, I guess if she went to Stanford and Alexandra went to Harvard then we've got an east coast-west coast thing going on.

All true. In a normal year she wouldn’t get very far down my highly rigorous scoring system and flowchart (in fact, Stanford gets fewer points than Harvard … recall I did not vote for Lina in 2018), but Man Hands fails on the most important test … is the candidate batflurf crazy? It usually correlates with two other critical questions on the list (1) does the candidate have the endorsement of Mattress Jesus, and (2) how positively does @Blue Dogs feel about the candidate?

Edited by mattyt36
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Blue Dogs said:

This is a very interesting read on this article:

Say what?!?  Corruption and cronyism among democrat politicians with media giving it a pass?  Must be fake news...

4 hours ago, Blue Dogs said:

This is a very interesting read on this article:

Interesting spelling, too. “According to Gallop,” i.e., the things that horses do and not the well-known polling organization.

A check of the headlines on the site quickly shows it’s partisan tabloid trash, which sounds absolutely appropriate for the demographic that is constantly whining about “media bias.” It is literally a website from a Republican PAC masquerading as a news site for the either the entirely gullible or the rabid fanatic. Nuff said.

I feel like there’s a good chance that frequent visitors of this yellow press site had home subscriptions of the National Enquirer and Weekly World News back in the day. Unfortunately, they probably had to clear out their home archives to store Ivermectin and their testicle tanning beds.

Edited by mattyt36
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2022 at 6:19 PM, Blue Dogs said:

Mealer TV advertising commercial:

https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c4gRQOAmwo

Not enough airtime for those famous hands . . . opportunity missed!

Great airtime for her vacant, absolutely clueless look and empty platitudes, however.

I just wish she wouldn't be so wrapped up in identity politics . . . why does she list "Hispanic" as her first qualification?

It's also sad she has to use green instead of a nice, bold red and put "Republican" in such a small font for, well, obvious reasons . . . it's an explicit acknowledgment that the Republican brand is, shall we say, NO BUENO in Harris County!  (SAD!!!!)

It's also such a shame to see public servants in uniform engaging in disingenuous politics, but, hey, they're politicians themselves.  Not to mention some high-and-mighty speak for constables, who, under Texas law have the following duties:

-Serves as a licensed peace officer and performs various law enforcement functions, including issuing traffic citations

-Serves warrants and civil papers such as subpoenas and temporary restraining orders

-Serves as bailiff for Justice of the Peace Court

You may know them from patrolling your local toll road.

Not that the average low-information voter would know the distinction.

More theater, courtesy of the ever-growing entertainment wing of the Republican Party.  Thankfully we have one of their most passionate "deputies" to "keep us up to date."

Edited by mattyt36

2 hours ago, Blue Dogs said:

Prosecutors accuse Hidalgo's chief of staff Alex Trinataphyllis of violating conditions of his bond:

https://abc13.com/harris-county-13-investigates-alex-trinataphyllis-judge-lina-hidalgo/11818143/

They are reaching. The judge told them to work it out, since he still has to do his job, and part of that is sitting on committees. 

4 hours ago, Ross said:

They are reaching. The judge told them to work it out, since he still has to do his job, and part of that is sitting on committees. 

Yeah...that happens a lot in legal circles.  Remember all the hubbub around "Russian collusion" a few years back that turned out to be nothing?

8 hours ago, august948 said:

Yeah...that happens a lot in legal circles.  Remember all the hubbub around "Russian collusion" a few years back that turned out to be nothing?

Super confident that the GOP wave getting bigger will take down Hidalgo, Garcia & others down-ballot in November. 

Plus Biden's deeply despised in the Lone Star State! 

8 hours ago, august948 said:

Now you’re just being a Mr Silly Pants, Augie!

5 minutes ago, Blue Dogs said:

Super confident that the GOP wave getting bigger will take down Hidalgo, Garcia & others down-ballot in November. 

Plus Biden's deeply despised in the Lone Star State! 

He’s back to his chants and incantations!

(Remember, you have to say it at least 3 times in a row while dancing around a fire, @Blue Dogs)

9 hours ago, august948 said:

No big surprise.  Has Abbott endorsed anyone?

Good question. I'm sure Abbott's massive warchest will give whoever the GOP nominee for Harris County Judge a boost.

11 hours ago, Blue Dogs said:

United States Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) endorses Mealer.

Hack endorses hack.  Good thing Cruz's popularity in the County has been in the toilet for a good 5 years.  Can't say I've ever met a sane person who likes the guy.

Opinion | Ted Cruz, Hometown Anti-Hero - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

38 minutes ago, Blue Dogs said:

Good question. I'm sure Abbott's massive warchest will give whoever the GOP nominee for Harris County Judge a boost.

If you're speaking in empty platitudes, best get it right, the figure of speech is a "massive campaign warchest."  

4 hours ago, mattyt36 said:

Hack endorses hack.  Good thing Cruz's popularity in the County has been in the toilet for a good 5 years.  Can't say I've ever met a sane person who likes the guy.

If you're speaking in empty platitudes, best get it right, the figure of speech is a "massive campaign warchest."  

Surely you didn't just quote the New York Times opinion on a local Texas issue?

image.jpeg.d8443c955205d6f6f3d8f7ac18911bc2.jpeg

2 hours ago, Blue Dogs said:

Hidalgo expecting to get indicted soon according to NBC 2 KPRC-TV Houston:

Steel-cage death match?  Is someone going to suggest next that Lina Hidalgo and Kim Ogg mud wrestle it out?

Steel-cage death match?  Is someone going to suggest next that Lina Hidalgo and Kim Ogg mud wrestle it out?

Having met Kim, I kind of think that may be what she is gunning for. Lesbians can be so unpredictable. Man Hands Mealer will most definitely be foaming at the mouth for a ticket, I have no doubt about that.

Edited by mattyt36
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, mattyt36 said:

Here’s old Ted at his best, talking as if anyone on either side gives two craps what he says. His face and tone always betrays that he earnestly believes that people actually do, probably the side effect of being raised by a whack-job preacher. This is of course way worse than his earlier, conveniently last minute “endorsement” of Man Hands, but at the end of the day, just as revealing. He’ll probably watch this at least 10 times before he goes to bed while patting himself on the back. What a shame (for only him, of course, but he’s incapable of thinking of others) the closest he got to being President was in 2016. (Teduardo is definitely in the Top 5 of the Texas Politician Total Loser All-Time Hall of Fame, and on a very crowded ticket at that, mind you … but, yeah, I rely on this guy whenever I ask myself, “What is best for Harris County? What would Teduardo do?”)

Edited by mattyt36