E1 AutoSpa At 2425 N. Shepherd Dr.

Amlaham

If we had zoning, we could require the carwashes to also have hot chicken sandwich restaurants, saving a lot of space along Shep for additional development.  Instead of always asking for ground floor retail in new apartment complexes, we should have been demanding hot chicken sandwiches at all our car washes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, s3mh said:

If we had zoning, we could require the carwashes to also have hot chicken sandwich restaurants, saving a lot of space along Shep for additional development.  Instead of always asking for ground floor retail in new apartment complexes, we should have been demanding hot chicken sandwiches at all our car washes.

Hear me out -- ground floor car wash in all apartment complexes. Leave more room for the hot chicken restaurants

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, sapo2367 said:

Hear me out -- ground floor car wash in all apartment complexes. Leave more room for the hot chicken restaurants

Don't limit yourself.  Ground floor car wash in all apartment complexes that also serve hot chicken sandwiches.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, august948 said:

Why would they object to a convenience store/car wash?

Idk but it would be nice to hear the departments input to make sure sight plans line up with their vision for Houston moving forward. I know the developer is responsible for the current sidewalk standards, but with how dense this area is becoming it wouldn't hurt. I'm within walking distance of about 7 car washes. We can talk about demand and business all we want but in all seriousness that's just lack of planning and foresight. If the city catered better to pedestrians first, the right kind of development would follow.  

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 2425 N. Shepherd Dr.
  • The title was changed to E1 AutoSpa At 2425 N. Shepherd Dr.