Bea's On North Main St.

sorry, left txt above, any suggestion of name? I remember Vargo's, bea's on North Main. Sam's BBQ on Airline,  Joe Montrago's on I think Irvington?, Bailey's on Irvington,  Louie's on the Lake, Ruth Chris Steakhouse, Dot Cafe,  felix Mexican Restraunt, Allbritton's, Doyle's, Texas Caeteria,  cafe in south Houston, and many others, that is enough for my 78 yearold brain tospout out in one rant, RWS

That's not enough information. There have always been a number of all you can eat restaurants and chains.

If you scroll down the page, you'll find a 25 page (so far) thread titled Defunct Houston Restaurants. Maybe you can find it there.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EspersonBuildings said:

Ponchos Mexican Buffet in Bellaire.  I remember from late 70's/early 80's.

Pancho's was awesome.  Last time I ate at one was up in the Woodlands about 10 or 15 years ago.  Not sure if they're still around.

19 hours ago, hindesky said:

Looks like there are 2 left.

https://www.panchosmexicanbuffethouston.com

There was a Pancho's at Northtown Plaza (Tidwell & I-45) that had been there for several decades, but it closed within the past couple of years - yet another restaurant that fell victim to the pandemic. I think their business had already fallen off before then, however. I met a friend there for lunch a few months prior to the lockdowns and there were only a handful of tables occupied during what should have been peak business hours for them. 

• The title was changed to Bea's On North Main St.