Jump to content

Over Houston - Some Drone Photos


Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...
On 4/4/2022 at 11:40 AM, MidCenturyMoldy said:

spacer.png

Did security get mad at you for taking this? My friends and I were recording a buddy's proposal using drones at the top of the Glassell building and got a stern lecture for it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JBTX said:

Did security get mad at you for taking this? My friends and I were recording a buddy's proposal using drones at the top of the Glassell building and got a stern lecture for it.

What was their complaint?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That we had a drone, lol.

Nothing in the park area around it says "no drones" and we had checked with the museum beforehand, just in case. Museum had no complaints. Probably just a security guy on his high horse.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JBTX said:

That we had a drone, lol.

Nothing in the park area around it says "no drones" and we had checked with the museum beforehand, just in case. Museum had no complaints. Probably just a security guy on his high horse.

Nope. Somewhere on the MFAH website (I don’t remember exactly where) is the statement that the museum campus is a “drone-free zone.” It’s also a tripod-free zone. I had no trouble because I was flying the drone from the southeast corner of Binz and Fannin Streets… completely off the MFAH campus but within direct sight of my drone.

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JBTX said:

Did security get mad at you for taking this? My friends and I were recording a buddy's proposal using drones at the top of the Glassell building and got a stern lecture for it.

The guard's imagination may have taken a leap. From mfah.org "Private event rentals" page:
 

Outdoor photography permits are available for formal photography requests intended for personal, noncommercial use only. Examples of formal photography include, but are not limited to, bridal portraits, engagement photos, senior/graduation photos, and holiday family photos.

Permits allow for photography in the outdoor areas of the Museum only, and include the Cullen Sculpture Garden; Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza; PNC Roof Garden; Cullen Foundation Promenade; and South Lawn. Formal/professional photography is not permitted inside any Museum buildings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dbigtex56 said:

From mfah.org "Private event rentals" page:
 

Outdoor photography permits are available for formal photography requests intended for personal, noncommercial use only. Examples of formal photography include, but are not limited to, bridal portraits, engagement photos, senior/graduation photos, and holiday family photos.

That's what we saw as well. Plus, the sign in the Glassell courtyard says no "professional photography without permit." Which, not professionals and we asked permission.

2 hours ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

 I had no trouble because I was flying the drone from the southeast corner of Binz and Fannin Streets… completely off the MFAH campus but within direct sight of my drone.

Ours was actually off Montrose when he complained. Eitherway, it's whatever. Excellent photos that you took! The while lot is lovely!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...