National Champs!

DJ V Lawrence

By the way, I just wanted to let you guys know that there's still Texans partying in downtown Daegu, South Korea. It's 11pm here. Thursday 8am in Houston. How was scene in Houston?

They weren't out in the streets over it DJ, alot of local bars were having a good time though.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes indeed 2005 Baseball and Football National Champions!!!

DJ it was a big party in Austin on the streets I have some friends who sent pics.

I can understand a little ofthe Big XII hate from UofH folks. Ann Richards and Co basically screwed UofH out of the new big XII by getting her alma Baylor in (Speaker of the House was a Bear also).

The folks in Oklahoma were even more entertaining during the game LOL

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Watching you from 30,000 feet

Yes indeed 2005 Baseball and Football National Champions!!!

DJ it was a big party in Austin on the streets I have some friends who sent pics.

I can understand a little ofthe Big XII hate from UofH folks. Ann Richards and Co basically screwed UofH out of the new big XII by getting her alma Baylor in (Speaker of the House was a Bear also).

The folks in Oklahoma were even more entertaining during the game LOL

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Watching you from 30,000 feet

Yo, does anyone here have Texas Championship party pix by chance?

• 11 months later...

Glad to see we have some Horns fans in here.

FYI for all you Texas fans: Ramonce Taylor is foregoing his final two years of college and entering the 2007 NFL Draft.

Is anyone else stoked? This guy was so sick it's unreal. He is/was better than Jamaal Charles, that's how good he was.

http://www.bevosports.com/2007/01/07/ramon...nter-nfl-draft/

Ramonce Highlights:

EH. I don't know. I think Jamaal is better. Romance was good. But as a complete running back, Jamal is better.

I think Texas has another special season in the next couple years due to experience. Shoot for 2009.

Maybe. It's very debatable. As a pure RB, you're probably right, Jamaal is better; he truly is a RB and is great at making people miss and breaking tackles. I guess Ramonce was a little more versataile though as he was used like a WR at times.

Ramonce(2005):

Receiving

No 27

Yds 265

Avg 9.8

TD 3

Rushing

Att 76

Yds 513

Avg 6.8

TD 12

Jamaal (2005)

Receiving

No. 14

Yards 157

Avg. 11.2

TD 2

Rushing

Att 119

Yards 878

Avg. 7.4

TD 11

Stats from their one and only year they played together.

Of course, Jamaal shared time with Selvin this past year too, but his best year so far was his freshman year.

This is not necessarily a case for Ramonce, I'm just presenting the facts so we can observe.

• 9 months later...

Archived