CleanWater Express Car Wash At 641 W. 17th St.

Amlaham

I was under the impression that this project was shot down by COH Planning Commission late last year. Issues with traffic, mostly. In their proposal, cars would exit the "tunnel" at 18th and then have to turn left to get back onto the lot to the "free" vacuums.  Also they cant enter directly from Shepherd because of scheduled bike lane. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Construction fencing is up at 1718 N Shepherd Dr. It's also up at 1704 2/3 N Shepherd Dr / 1704 N Shepherd Dr, which is on the corner of the 600 block of 17th St and 1700 block of N Shepherd Dr.  The parcel address for 1704 N Shepherd Dr is 1718 N Shepherd Dr too.

The sites were previously home to Car Store, a used car dealership. A car wash is going up here: CleanWater Express Car Wash.

Below is a photo of the site from the corner of 17th St and N Shepherd Dr. The photo was shared on Nextdoor yesterday.

JIiRlzS.jpg

• Like 1

So the entire block is going to be for the car wash? I thought it was only on 1718 N Shepherd. Thats a huge lot for just a car wash :/ and their other locations aren't as big as this would be. Don't think this street is going as walkable as we think unfortunately 

Edited by Amlaham
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Amlaham said:

So the entire block is going to be for the car wash? I thought it was only on 1718 N Shepherd. Thats a huge lot for just a car wash :/ and their other locations aren't as big as this would be. Don't think this street is going as walkable as we think unfortunately 

I'll post a parcel map shortly.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Amlaham said:

I don't know for certain.

The property was listed for lease a few years ago. In the listing, 641 W 17th St, 1704 N Shepherd Dr, and 1718 N Shepherd Dr were included. All three lots have the same landowner, according to HCAD.

1704 N Shepherd Dr shares the same parcel address with 1718 N Shepherd Dr. The other parcel is 641 W 17th St.

Parcel map with parcel addresses:

iXQbLcJ.jpg

Parcel map with property street addresses: 

K9bpUQS.jpg

PrvlufX.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Amlaham said:

Below is a 2020 Loopnet listing for 1718 N Shepherd Dr. The listing and photos include 641 W 17th St, 1704 N Shepherd Dr, and 1718 N Shepherd Dr.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1718-N-Shepherd-Dr-Houston-TX/20088745/

WGALqzJ.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, IntheKnowHouston said:

Below is a 2020 Loopnet listing for 1718 N Shepherd Dr. The listing and photos include 641 W 17th St, 1704 N Shepherd Dr, and 1718 N Shepherd Dr.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1718-N-Shepherd-Dr-Houston-TX/20088745/

More photos from the 2020 Loopnet listing of 1718 N Shepherd Dr.  The photos include 641 W 17th St, 1704 N Shepherd Dr, and 1718 N Shepherd Dr.

70YyzTk.jpg

sIT79Ko.jpg

Q97Yr2u.jpg

xUQEGiX.jpg

a7FzaUU.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to CleanWater Express Car Wash At 641 W. 17th St.