Big Tex Storage Uptown At 4944 Woodway Dr.

I'm surprised more hasn't been developed recently in that area. Great location if you like that area. 

My parents moved into a condo a block further down Woodway, back in the 1970s (they were pioneers of condo living 😁). Just outside their 5th floor windows is the Bordeaux Tanglewood Apts, owned by Jerry Finger. They always figured at some point, their view would be partially obscured by whatever development takes its place. Almost fifty years later... still waiting. And they still have a great view.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Are your parents in the circular-ish building with great patios? I've always liked that one. I grew up off Sage just South of Woodway.

Yes, 5050 Woodway. Nice building. It's just my mom now, my dad passed away last year (just before Covid). I go at least once a week to visit her. Try to time my visits to avoid the worst of the traffic. I could never live in the Galleria area... too many cars!

• Like 5

19 hours ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad. May his memory be a blessing.

My best friend lived in Pine Shadows neighborhood and I was off of Green Tree. I used to ride my bike by that building 3-4 times a week and even as a kid I thought it was cool. 

Thanks, appreciate it.

I drove by this yesterday (yes, my weekly "mom visit" 😁). Good spot for a new development of some sort. Curious to see what Endeavor announces.

Edit: I went to their web site, just to learn more, and it turns out one of my childhood buddies, who grew up literally across the street from me, is one of the founding partners. Small world!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Big Tex Storage Uptown: 7-Story Storage At 4944 Woodway Dr.
  • The title was changed to Big Tex Storage Uptown: 7-Stories at 4944 Woodway Dr.
  • The title was changed to Big Tex Storage Uptown: 7-Stories At 4944 Woodway Dr.
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Big Tex Storage Uptown At 4944 Woodway Dr.