Memorial Heights Paving And Drainage Project

Community Impact has a story about the paving of several streets around Center St.

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/transportation/2022/03/08/memorial-heights-paving-drainage-project-to-begin-in-march/

954IHmb.png

I drive and ride on both Hicks and Center St. Hicks is in terrible shape and Center isn't much better.

Edited by hindesky

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

Community Impact has a story about the paving of several streets around Center St.

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/transportation/2022/03/08/memorial-heights-paving-drainage-project-to-begin-in-march/

954IHmb.png

I drive and ride on both Hicks and Center St. Hicks is in terrible shape and Center isn't much better.

Will this be repaved with concrete, curb, and gutters?

Or just throwing new asphalt down?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This area is technically Houston Heights proper. Interesting they are calling it 'Memorial Heights' which is a made up name... That area is technically called Buffalo Heights (development by Midway takes most of it).

Welcome to Woodcrest – Woodcrest Houston

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Avossos said:

This area is technically Houston Heights proper. Interesting they are calling it 'Memorial Heights' which is a made up name... That area is technically called Buffalo Heights (development by Midway takes most of it).

Welcome to Woodcrest – Woodcrest Houston

If by "this area", you are either referring to the area where the paving and drainage work is to be done, I believe only part of it is technically in Houston Heights proper. If by "this area" you are referring to the map you posted, none of it is technically in Houston Heights proper.

They are all "made-up" names.  Buffalo Heights perhaps more so than Memorial Heights.  

• The title was changed to Memorial Heights paving and drainage project
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Memorial Heights Paving And Drainage Project
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 6:42 PM, BigRed said:

Slightly off-topic but when will the Killens re-do or remove that old sign from the BBQ joint?

I've seen others say on HAIF that sign permits are hard to get and existing ones can stay and be repurposed. I talked with the guy building Bad Astronaut who once told me he wanted a Beer sign on top of his building. But he told me yesterday the city won't permit signs on top of buildings anymore. They can be grandfathered if it's still there though.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...