Sawyer Heights Village Developments

flatline

well, the chick-fil-a is in their official site plan.

I was just at the Property Commerce website and there are several food spaces listed, but no Chick-Fil-A is shown. The ORIGINAL site plan, which is still posted on the Woodland Heights website listed the Chick-Fil-A....but if you compare that site plan to the one that is on the PC website that was updated just a couple of months ago, there are many many changes, and one of them is that Chick-Fil-A is no longer listed...

Edited by houstonray

I was just at the Property Commerce website and there are several food spaces listed, but no Chick-Fil-A is shown. The ORIGINAL site plan, which is still posted on the Woodland Heights website listed the Chick-Fil-A....but if you compare that site plan to the one that is on the PC website that was updated just a couple of months ago, there are many many changes, and one of them is that Chick-Fil-A is no longer listed...

Interesting.... Can you post a link?

you're right, it was there a few weeks ago, on the very same site plan. I saw it on their website, PDF format. I guess it fell through.

you're right, it was there a few weeks ago, on the very same site plan. I saw it on their website, PDF format. I guess it fell through.

That is a shame. It seems that Chick Fil A is gold. Everyone freestanding one I know of always has 20 cars in the drive through. I find it funny because I never liked the place until 4 years ago when I tried it again and got hooked. those chicken biscuits are like crack.

As was speculated in this thread, it appears there will a Starbucks inside the Target.

I noticed a Starbucks sign installed in the Target window last night.

I guess my hopes of having a drive-thru coffee place (Starbucks, CC's, Deitrich's) in the new development are not going to happen.

I guess my hopes of having a drive-thru coffee place (Starbucks, CC's, Deitrich's) in the new development are not going to happen.

Would you be annoyed with me if I thought that was a good thing?

Looked like they were finally starting to repave Sawyer Street. I may be able to shift out of 4 wheel drive soon.

As was speculated in this thread, it appears there will a Starbucks inside the Target.

I noticed a Starbucks sign installed in the Target window last night.

Just to give you some hope. The Super Target on Bay Area Blvd has a Starbuck's inside it and there is a freestanding Starbuck's location in front of the strip center next door, across the side street.

Would you be annoyed with me if I thought that was a good thing?

With a baby and/or small child along in the car, going into a coffee place and waiting in line becomes an undertaking rather than a pleasant diversion. I also think it would be nice if they'd put in a drive-thru.

Just to give you some hope. The Super Target on Bay Area Blvd has a Starbuck's inside it and there is a freestanding Starbuck's location in front of the strip center next door, across the side street.

That's ok, I work over on the NW side of Houston (Copperfield), and there is a Target there (a regular one) with a Starbucks inside....and outside in the parking lot of the shopping center is a freestanding Starbucks.

"Resistance is Futile"

That's ok, I work over on the NW side of Houston (Copperfield), and there is a Target there (a regular one) with a Starbucks inside....and outside in the parking lot of the shopping center is a freestanding Starbucks.

"Resistance is Futile"

RedScare is going to have to post the fabulous Louis Black quote about how he knew he had reached the end of the universe and it was in Houston. Why? B/c there are 2 Starbucks across the street from eachother.

Too much is too much.

RedScare is going to have to post the fabulous Louis Black quote about how he knew he had reached the end of the universe and it was in Houston. Why? B/c there are 2 Starbucks across the street from eachother.

Too much is too much.

This does seem like a good place for it... :P

"From the beginning of time, man has looked at the heavens and firmly believed that the end of the universe ends out in space. It's not true. The end of the universe happens to be in the United States. I have seen it. And, oddly enough, it's in Houston, Texas...I know, I was shocked too... I left the comedy club there and walked down the street. On one corner, there was a Starbucks. And across the street from that Starbucks, in the exact same building as that Starbucks, was a Starbucks. At first I thought the sun was playing tricks on my eyes. But, no. There was a Starbucks across from a Starbucks. And that, my friends, is the end of the universe. People have said to me, 'how do you know?' And I say, 'go there. Stand between those two Starbucks and look at your watch. Time stands still.' And if you turn this way, and look at just this Starbucks, immediately you think, 'You know, There cannot possibly be a Starbucks behind me. Nobody would have been that stupid, to have built a Starbucks across from a Starbucks. And if there was a just and loving God, he wouldn't allow that kind of ____ to go down.' So you turn slowly, thinking, 'well, I'll see a Gap, or a Denny's, maybe even a Mobil Station... BUT THERE'S A STARBUCKS!' - The End of the Universe"

• 2 weeks later...
I drove past Sawyer Heights tonight and saw that they had broken ground and started working on the area next to (attached to?) the Target...future retail or 24 Hr Fitness or something else??

Not sure, but I was given a positive ID on the work at the NW corner of Spring and Sawyer. FWIW - Wachovia Bank.

I would assume so. That seems to be a somewhat standard Wachovia design, and it's pretty nice to look at.

FYI - If anyone is interested, here's a gallery of photos of my place: MGP2.

It's very nice to look at as well as your new place. Clearly Stormy has some great digs.

B)

I just spoke to some Target trainees outside waiting for the bus, and they said the........ drumroll please.....

Chick-Fil-A

is going in next to Target.

They could be wrong I suppose, but that's the latest.

I suspect it is not coincidental that there is a Chick-Fil-A billboard, complete with the 3D cows, right next to the Target sign off I-10.

BTW mistergreen, love your place as well.

Edited by cwrm4

Just an FYI in case people were still wondering. I am looking at some home in the area and I happened to drive into the Target parking lot. Some employees were outside and told me that it is NOT a Super Target, but they will be carrying Groceries, so it will be something in between a reg. Target and Super Target I suppose.

Just an FYI in case people were still wondering. I am looking at some home in the area and I happened to drive into the Target parking lot. Some employees were outside and told me that it is NOT a Super Target, but they will be carrying Groceries, so it will be something in between a reg. Target and Super Target I suppose.

Thanks greedy and welcome to HAIF.

B)

probably similar to the galleria Target.

sounds good.. i live 4 blocks away on summer street.. we need grocerys around here.. the neighborhood is doing alot of building... ive seen several homes on summer street.. and i just saw a townhome sign aswell.. im just waiting for them to knock on my door and make me a good offer...haahahah