Sawyer Heights Village Developments

flatline

Pure speculation here, but-

what if Target realized well into construction that this really should be a "Super" Target? Could they not just tack on the grocery section? Could this be an explanation for the new tilt wall construction adjacent to the Target on the North side?

Pure speculation here, but-

what if Target realized well into construction that this really should be a "Super" Target? Could they not just tack on the grocery section? Could this be an explanation for the new tilt wall construction adjacent to the Target on the North side?

This would be great. Unfortunately this location has been planned from the start as a "future lease space."

On a more happy note though, according to the property commerce website, there is going to be an independent Starbuck's.

Edited by jpf

This would be great. Unfortunately this location has been planned from the start as a "future lease space."

On a more happy note though, according to the property commerce website, there is going to be an independent Starbuck's.

Yes a "real" Starbucks will be nice. The newest .PDF on the Property Commerce site has a few new additions.

I'm pleased to see an Amegy Bank going in over there. That's my bank... how conveeeeenient.

I've been invited to a "private opening" at the Target preceeding the Grand Opening next weekend. I guess I rate as a neighborhood VIP ;-). Should have quite a bit of gossip by mid week.

Yeah, I noticed that too, that there were some updates to the plan. The stand alone Starbucks though is shown on the March 2006 plan, whereas the May 2006 plan just shows it as "food". And an Amegy bank? I thought someone said it was a Wachovia?

We need you to get the scoop Mistergreen!! :-)

Yeah, I noticed that too, that there were some updates to the plan. The stand alone Starbucks though is shown on the March 2006 plan, whereas the May 2006 plan just shows it as "food". And an Amegy bank? I thought someone said it was a Wachovia?

The Wachovia is a given as I understand it. The May plan shows an Amegy as well.

They are being extremely tight lipped about it all.... I wonder why that is?

Two banks? Oh joy. I mean, I'm happy for those people who now have branches of their banks close to them, but 2 banks? Maybe we can get some cell phone stores, a Jack in the Box, a McDonalds, a Burger King, and then a CVS and a Walgreens and Sawyer Heights will be complete. Haha. <tongue firmly in cheek>

Two banks? Oh joy. I mean, I'm happy for those people who now have branches of their banks close to them, but 2 banks? Maybe we can get some cell phone stores, a Jack in the Box, a McDonalds, a Burger King, and then a CVS and a Walgreens and Sawyer Heights will be complete. Haha. <tongue firmly in cheek>

You have a point there. I hope the surrounding lease stores come out better than that new strip mall that was built on sheperd and 11th. That place had promise but ended up being a matress store and a check cashing store. Big Whoop ;)

OH! And I almost forgot, there's a Starbucks inside Target and now possibly one outside in the parking lot! You're right though, so many strip centers go up and have potential but they just get filled up with the same things over and over. That's what I hope doesn't happen with SH...

Yeah, I noticed that too, that there were some updates to the plan. The stand alone Starbucks though is shown on the March 2006 plan, whereas the May 2006 plan just shows it as "food".

I am sure that lot can handle 2 Starbucks too! ^_^

according to the woodland heights website there is a rumor of a soft opening on wednesday...

this cracks me up, this is going to be the craziest opening of a target every! the whole hood is so excited about it :>

You're right Wendy. Living in Houston my whole life, I have never, ever seen or heard people get sooo excited about something. This city so rarely takes a collective interest in anything, but darn that Target store opening.

Personally, I can't wait! We're actually holding off on purchases and shopping excursions so that we can do them at the new Target...I feel a little like a sap.

LMAO Lily! you are not alone! I cannot stand crowds, but I will brave them if only to be a part of this "event". I'm thinking of just tailgating for the day :D.

I predict that this Target will be such a success, that other retailers will have to take notice and there will be a huge scramble to get space. Unfortunatley, I think it will be said Applebees and Best Buys and Loewes...I WISH we could have a Rice Village type retail, but I think we are in for a big box retailer center.

I wonder though, if that type of retail will increase the surrounding property values, or decrease it? Not immediatley close, but in areas like the woodland heights, and the sixth ward...

Don't forget an Applebee's. There simply aren't enough of those in the area.

Cause the food is terrible. they closed down in houston about 15 yrs ago and reopened recently in the hopes that we've forgetten. well i haven't

LMAO Lily! you are not alone! I cannot stand crowds, but I will brave them if only to be a part of this "event". I'm thinking of just tailgating for the day :D.

I predict that this Target will be such a success, that other retailers will have to take notice and there will be a huge scramble to get space. Unfortunatley, I think it will be said Applebees and Best Buys and Loewes...I WISH we could have a Rice Village type retail, but I think we are in for a big box retailer center.

I wonder though, if that type of retail will increase the surrounding property values, or decrease it? Not immediatley close, but in areas like the woodland heights, and the sixth ward...

It wil definitely increase property values. i know by gulfgate ours have gone up quite a bit following the mall redo.

I went by target after work. The parking lot was full. The store was open to those with invitations only. I was able to walk partially into the target. There was a guard there asking for invitations. He said that the store would be open tomorrow morning at 8am.

Walking out of the target I was able to get a new perspective of the property that was not available by just doing a drive by. That piece of crap property that used to be there has really come a long way. The place just has a load of potential. Hats off to the planners of this project.

I went by target after work. The parking lot was full. The store was open to those with invitations only. I was able to walk partially into the target. There was a guard there asking for invitations. He said that the store would be open tomorrow morning at 8am.

Good thing. I'm on my last roll of toilet paper.

I would vote for a Cafe Express. In fact, I sent my request to the Cafe Express website. Speaking of, this is a good time, if any of you have a "favorite" store or restaurant, find their website and shoot off a "comment/suggestion" for a new location. Cafe Express actually wrote me back, thanked me and they said they were constantly looking for new places for expansion.

So it might be a good time to remind your favorite place about "Sawyer Heights", THE new inner loop shopping destination...can't hurt.

Hats off to Target for taking the chance on inner loop. Their investment will be a great one.

They already did once - the one at San felipe is inside the loop. However, i do get your point, you mean more inside the city than just close to the Galleria.

They already did once - the one at San felipe is inside the loop. However, i do get your point, you mean more inside the city than just close to the Galleria.

yeah....that one is so old that it isn't a risk. With land values as high as they are now inner loop, you just have to give them credit for their efforts.

Walking out of the target I was able to get a new perspective of the property that was not available by just doing a drive by. That piece of crap property that used to be there has really come a long way. The place just has a load of potential. Hats off to the planners of this project.

Ok, so the store is open now? Yippee!

do I smell a meet and greet? LOL.

Last weekend I drove over there to check out the mystery foundation...and had to chuckle as I pulled up, one car was leaving the area, and as I left, one was pulling in (tan SUV) to look at it. Not just the Target lot, but that specific site. Those MUST have been HAIFers...there can't be any other phsyco groups in this town obsessed with looking at a foundation and trying to decipher what it will be :D

I would vote for a Cafe Express. In fact, I sent my request to the Cafe Express website. Speaking of, this is a good time, if any of you have a "favorite" store or restaurant, find their website and shoot off a "comment/suggestion" for a new location. Cafe Express actually wrote me back, thanked me and they said they were constantly looking for new places for expansion.

So it might be a good time to remind your favorite place about "Sawyer Heights", THE new inner loop shopping destination...can't hurt.

Chain eateries that I might actually like to see in SH:

Sweet Tomatoes

Panera Bread

Another Myako location/ or Azuma

a steak-house type restaurant as well, be it Flemings or Houstons

I think the guy who owns Mi Luna, etc... should look at this location. Anyone EXCEPT Tilman! <_<

The Target off Westhiemer had a private party that day too, and it will open on the 23rd.

It has a uniquie feature in that it is built up 8 feet from the street level and has a brick wall on the street side.

Sign on the door says, "Now Open".

The building next door appears to be as of yet unleased lease space. Additionally, the warehouse north of Target is being disassembled. There is lots of activity on this site. I suspect we will see some more slabs poured soon.