Retail Center At 2036 Westheimer Rd.

Amlaham

On 3/8/2022 at 4:36 PM, gene said:

i go to brown bag deli often...so boo for that reason only ;) 

Perhaps I ordered the wrong thing or was in a snit that day, but the only time I ate there, it seemed like the bread was waaaay too sweet. 
It was like having ham and cheese on a slice of cake.

• Haha 1

I believe in the early 70s there was a Lack's or Western Auto in there - not sure of the exact address, tho.

That's the only BBD I ever went to.  Never went back - just so so sandwiches.  When you had Nielsen's just off Westheimer, Alfred's in the Village, Antone's on Taft, the Louisiana po-boy place on Main - just didn't need so-so.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brucesw said:

That's the only BBD I ever went to.  Never went back - just so so sandwiches.  When you had Nielsen's just off Westheimer, Alfred's in the Village, Antone's on Taft, the Louisiana po-boy place on Main - just didn't need so-so.

I really miss Original New Orleans Po-Boys. Their cheeseburgers were truly world-class.

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to 2036 Westheimer Rd.
7 hours ago, Texasota said:

The excessive setback from Westheimer.

It's a long, narrow lot that really faces Huldy, which appears to be how they are orienting the new build.  The T-Mobile appears to be staying and is right next to Westheimer.  The rest is, if anything, set back from Huldy, not Westheimer.  Was there some expectation that they would only build on the narrow end of the lot next to Westheimer?

You're right; the existence of the T-Mobile and its entrance facing the inside of the lot means there had to be a significant setback.

I just like calling out the cowards at the planning department for not making the 82 a transit corridor at every opportunity I can find.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

everytime i drive by here i think about what a dang missed opportunity this was to have something really cool or at least more original for montrose than just another ugly plain low rise strip center...and to keep that mobile store on the corner is just............ 💀

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so does anyone know, will there be some sort of renovation to the facade of the T Mobile store to make this all blend together? In the photo above you see the buildings are connected so i am hoping this will be the case...

PLEASE...at least that!!! 😭😩 

• Like 1

oh my lord i didn't even notice the t-mobile store is renovated since there is a CRUMBL cookies next door?!?!? OMG!!!!!!!!!!! 😮😭🤪🍪...if you have never had one then you haven't truly lived!!!!!!!!!!!!

but

ps...and thank goodness that yes, it looks like the t-mobile store is getting an upgrade haha ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...