Caribbean Airlines

linearmovement

Very cool!

nonstop flights from Trinidad leave on Tuesdays at 1:05 am and arrive at 5:20 am

Ouch.

Direct flights back to POS via Guyana leave on Wednesdays with BW701 leaving IAH at 8:20pm, arriving in Georgetown at 4:35 am and then continuing on to POS arriving at 7:00am.

Yiiiiiikes.

I'm sure that is better than some alternatives to get to Guyana.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hindesky said:

I'm going to tell my old coworker that I worked with who was from Trinidad about this, he flies to Port of Spain about every 2 years to visit his family. He has to fly to Miami and connect from there. 

UA has flown nonstop since 2004, stopping only with COVID, but that service resumed last December as 4 times/week and is scheduled to be daily again in June.  The POS-IAH nonstops are essentially the same timing as BW, but the IAH-POS nonstops leave around 1730 and arrive at 0030, so not as torturous.

This link indicates the route is 3x weekly, however, but is seasonal and ending June 30, which strikes me as odd.

Lots of ground time at IAH on both turns (from 0520 to 2020 on Tuesdays and 2235 to 1335 overnight Wed-Thurs), I guess because they are using same crew on outbound as inbound and the aircraft is "resting" with the crew.

Caribbean Airlines To Launch Guyana-Houston Route | Routes (routesonline.com)

Edited by mattyt36
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to Caribbean Airlines