The Standard On The River: Multifamily At 91 Jensen Dr.

hindesky

• The title was changed to Standard Jensen Apartments - 91 Jensen Dr.
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to The Standard at Jensen: 91 Jensen Dr.
  • 1 month later...

This needs a title update.  Block Builders (who built the "The Standard in the Heights") is currently bidding this out to subcontractors as "The Bend at EADO".  Phase 1 site development to start at the end of May and Phase 2 vertical construction to start in September.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to The Standard At Jensen: Multifamily Development - 91 Jensen Dr.
  • The title was changed to Standard On The Bayou - 91 Jensen Dr.
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thedistrict84 said:

I apologize if anyone has mentioned this and I just missed it, but are they going with this 3-4 story design and site layout (i.e., no parking garage) so it doesn’t block that much of the view from the various buildings in Phase 1 at East River?

This is a different developer from the developer of East River. I'm sure they could care less about East River's views. Its cost related. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fortune said:

This is a different developer from the developer of East River. I'm sure they could care less about East River's views. Its cost related. 

Of course, but I assume there are at least some discussions between different entities who are working to develop a blank slate area such as this. I also seem to recall that Midway has been involved in broader discussions regarding the pattern of development of the area in general given the push back the project initially received from groups within the Fifth Ward, so (to me at least) it seems plausible that they would support affordable housing developments going up in the immediate area in exchange for an implicit agreement to limit the height of those developments for the benefit of East River.

However, I don’t work in the industry so what do I know?

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Standard On The Bayou Multifamily - 91 Jensen Dr.
  • 3 weeks later...