Russia-Ukraine War

august948

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 6:48 PM, august948 said:

Any thoughts on how the Russian invasion of Ukraine will affect Houston?  Have we seen the last of sub-$100 oil for a while?

Well, one way it's affected Houston is that the AN-225 will never visit again. It was a semi-frequent visitor to IAH.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 3/12/2022 at 10:41 AM, JLWM8609 said:

Well, one way it's affected Houston is that the AN-225 will never visit again. It was a semi-frequent visitor to IAH.

I saw it once while at work in Baytown. I knew it was in town and saw it slowly ascending as it was headed south to Chile from IAH. They should have flown it to safer grounds, I think I saw that some of the AN 124 headed somewhere safe.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I saw it once while at work in Baytown. I knew it was in town and saw it slowly ascending as it was headed south to Chile from IAH. They should have flown it to safer grounds, I think I saw that some of the AN 124 headed somewhere safe.

The AN-225 was undergoing maintenance, and had an engine removed, and couldn't take off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• The title was changed to Russia-Ukraine War
  • This topic was featured, unfeatured and pinned