The Pizza Place - 2124 N. Shepherd Dr.

hindesky

• 3 months later...
On 5/13/2022 at 10:24 AM, 123Sesame said:

Posted in another thread, but anyone know what is going on at 20th and Shepherd? Burger Joint guys previously posted signs at The Car Wash was going in at 21st and Shepherd, but they have since moved the sign and fenced off the old spray wash facility at 20th and Shepherd... what's going to happen to the shack across 21st from The Taco Stand? I assume pizza shop still in the works at the old Portros Resale.

@123Sesame and the thread for the property at 2124 N Shepherd Dr which will become a pizza restaurant.

• The title was changed to The Pizza Place - 2124 N. Shepherd Dr.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just lack of proper drainage. Last improvement was probably 50 or 60 years ago. They were originally going to start the concrete/drainage reconstruction from 610 to 15th St but they started it from 15th St to 610. This will be a very nice thoroughfare in a few years when all the new concrete, sidewalks and trees are put in. 

• Like 3

It must have been a broken pipe that the city fixed because there isn't any water in the streets anymore.

Construction worker at the Happy Go Lucky next door said that a concrete wall was installed around the perimeter of the building. He's not doing the work but said he will be at some point. He seems to think the building might be replaced because it's in such bad shape but isn't sure.

eWhyFGt.jpg

iGULCdG.jpg

M4TUJ03.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

It must have been a broken pipe that the city fixed because there isn't any water in the streets anymore.

Construction worker at the Happy Go Lucky next door said that a concrete wall was installed around the perimeter of the building. He's not doing the work but said he will be at some point. He seems to think the building might be replaced because it's in such bad shape but isn't sure.

I drove past that site every day, and since the studs are now exposed, that building looks really rough. I would be shocked if it doesn't get torn down,

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 7:30 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

@123Sesame and the thread for the property at 2124 N Shepherd Dr which will become a pizza restaurant.

24 minutes ago, 123Sesame said:

Any idea if happy go lucky will be a coffee or cocktail drive thru? Perhaps both?

If you use the search, type in "Happy Go Lucky" you'll find the topic about it.

From the topic about Happy Go Lucky...

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/47300-2102-n-shepherd-dr

From the Happy Go Lucky topic posted in October 2022:

On 10/31/2022 at 4:19 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I'm still unsure of the concept for Happy Go Lucky. However, based off filings and permits submitted, this may be a walk-up and drive-thru bar. The description listed on the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation filing states. "drive-thru refreshments." So, possibly a refresqueria with juices and/or drive-thru bar serving daiquiris, margaritas, and/or micheladas.

Posted this week in the very same topic:

On 2/12/2023 at 3:46 PM, hindesky said:

It's a Daiquiri bar that will have a patio area and a drive up window plus a parking lot in the back, no seating inside.

On 2/13/2023 at 1:47 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

So, my assumption was correct: Shawn Bermudez's Happy Go Lucky will be a drive-thru bar offering daiquiris.  Good to know!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, hindesky said:

No progress in months.

dvO6orH.jpg

We ate at Alma Latina across the street yesterday. That building looks like it's about to fall down. The roof on the back left portion is in terrible shape, and the interior structure that I could see looks like someone really drunk put it up. I am surprised the building didn't fall over when they removed the wall coverings.

12 hours ago, hindesky said:

No progress in months.

dvO6orH.jpg

It could be a host of reasons for what appears to be little to no progress at 2124 N Shepherd Dr.

From what I've observed, Shawn Bermudez seems to have a full plate. He and his team are working on a slew of new projects. It could be he's pouring more money into those to get those up and running very soon. Who knows?

I know Bermudez is renovating his Montrose bar & grill concept Present Company. He's also gearing up to open Roswell Saloon before the summertime. I think he recently signed a lease for a Memorial outpost of The Burger Joint, plus he's planning another one in either the Rice Village or Upper Kirby area. And his team is building a new The Taco Stand in Webster. He's also working on another new yet-to-be-named dining concept. And that's all on top of The Pizza Place, Happy Go Lucky, and the likely Montrose outpost of The Taco Stand.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A photo shared in the topic for 2102 N Shepherd Dr (where Happy Go Lucky is opening) includes 2124 North Shepherd Dr.

A pizzeria from Shawn Bermudez, possibly named The Pizza Place, is undergoing renovations at 2124 N Shepherd Dr.

On 5/21/2023 at 2:26 PM, hindesky said:

fsdCICc.jpg

Below is a closer view of 2124 N Shepherd Dr from the photo above taken by @hindesky:

FawWuck.jpg

In an article announcing Roswell's Saloon, Shawn Bermudez disclosed future concepts and expansions with CultureMap. Bermudez didn't share full details or specific locations, but he did provide a brief overview of what's in store.

Here's an excerpt from yesterday's CultureMap article:

“We have two other full restaurants openings and a dessert concept opening.”

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/roswell-s-saloon-montrose/

One of those two new full-fledged restaurants is planned for the Heights.

While it wasn't mentioned in the article, Bermudez and team are working on a pizzeria. It will be located at 2124 N Shepherd Dr. Potros Resale Shop previously operated there.

As noted several times in this topic, the name of the pizza restaurant may be The Pizza Place.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• 1 month later...

Below is an update regarding the pizzeria slated for 2124 N Shepherd Dr. The tentative name of the restaurant is The Pizza Place. It's one of several new food and beverage concepts from Shawn Bermudez (The Burger Joint, The Taco Stand, and Pistolero's).

The update was shared by @hindesky in another topic:

11 hours ago, hindesky said:

I talked with the same guy as before, he is an electrician who works on all of Shawn Bermudez projects... the Pizza Place building is in really bad shape and thinks it might get demolished. He said engineers need to determine which way to go with it. 

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/47300-2102-n-shepherd-dr/?do=findComment&comment=684552

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A plumbing permit was filed today for 2124 N Shepherd Dr.

Below are details from the permit:

• Use: 3,759 sf conversion to restaurant 1-1-5-a2-b '12 ibc
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

As mentioned, a pizzeria is planned for 2124 N Shepherd Dr. The Pizza Place is likely the restaurant's name.

HkexYto.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...