D-fw Apartment Demand Soars

Having lived in Dallas, I always felt that Bid D loves their apartments. Some Dallas folks thought this statement was Dallas-bashing, but it's simply a fact.

D-FW apartment demand soars

Leasing hits highest level in 5 years, more than double the new supply

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...2.135ac022.html

[/quo

I personally didn't think of it as bashing ,but if someone did they might have came to that conclusion because of the way you said the comment. I feel that your statement and the article is very true.But this also brings us back to a statement that you said in another thread about Dallas catching up.Yes, Dallas is starting to fill up the existing vacant apartments as well as new ones.But I also feel that dallas has alot of catching up to do to even compete with the vast supply that the Houston area currently has. I'm not saying this is a bad thing because Houston has almost double the population as Dallas,but when the situation is being presented as a bad aspect then I think that bothe cities fare prettymuch the same considering the population differences. :mellow:;)

The Houston market is even tighter than the Dallas market right now, what with the number of Katrina survivors being housed in many area apartments along with the natural influx of new residents.

I could see a housing crisis in about four months, in fact.

I imagine that those Katrina survivors who went to Dallas have had an impact on the Dallas market as well.

Archived