2102 N Shepherd Dr

IntheKnowHouston

I don't know the full histoy of the 2102 North Shepherd Dr property. In recent years, however, several automobile businesses operated on the lot.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Second photo is from a Facebook post.

A few years ago, Shawn Bermudez (Pistolero's, The Burger Joint, Present Company) purchased the lot along with a few others nearby.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

Does anyone know what's planned for 2102 N Shepherd Dr?

A banner announcing a car wash was on the property, at least in 2021 when I noticed it last. It's been a while since I visited the area, so I don't know if the banner is still there.

I know Shawn Bermudez owns the property. And according to a post in a local Facebook group, Bermudez is renovating the lot soon. He's opening a business called Happy Go Lucky, which will possibly have a drive-thru lane. The post wasn't clear on the business' concept.

• Like 1

"The Car Wash" sign is still on the old building facing Shepherd. Two bungalows behind it were recently torn down, but it doesn't look like they've done much else to the property. It would be nice if they added another restaurant concept. There's a spot for a third business name on their big sign advertising Burger Joint and Taco Stand. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, J Money said:

"The Car Wash" sign is still on the old building facing Shepherd. Two bungalows behind it were recently torn down, but it doesn't look like they've done much else to the property. It would be nice if they added another restaurant concept. There's a spot for a third business name on their big sign advertising Burger Joint and Taco Stand. 

Thank you for the update.

On 1/31/2022 at 7:58 AM, J Money said:

There's a spot for a third business name on their big sign advertising Burger Joint and Taco Stand. 

A member in a local food enthusiast Facebook group shared a photo of the signage you described. The signage has an empty space indicating another concept is coming soon, possibly to 2102 N Shepherd Dr.

spacer.png

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 2102 N Shepherd Dr.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 10:24 AM, 123Sesame said:

Posted in another thread, but anyone know what is going on at 20th and Shepherd? Burger Joint guys previously posted signs at The Car Wash was going in at 21st and Shepherd, but they have since moved the sign and fenced off the old spray wash facility at 20th and Shepherd... what's going to happen to the shack across 21st from The Taco Stand? I assume pizza shop still in the works at the old Portros Resale.

@123Sesame here is the thread about the lot at 2102 N Shepherd Dr.

• The title was changed to 2102 N .Shepherd Dr.
  • The title was changed to 2102 N Shepherd Dr
  • 2 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 7:58 AM, J Money said:

Two bungalows behind it were recently torn down, but it doesn't look like they've done much else to the property.

I was not aware Shawn Bermudez (The Burger Joint, Pistolero's, Present Company) also owned the lots at 643 W 21st St and 637 W 21st St. Perhaps it will be parking? 

A photo of 642 W 21st St from 2020

4OPUZ3V.jpg

A photo of 637 W 21st St from 2020

TfHlV8o.jpg

643 W 21st St and 637 W 21st St from Google Maps, May 2022

5YgIOlu.jpg

59 minutes ago, 123Sesame said:

We live nearby - they are taking their sweet time on this development. It has been a total mess and eye sore for 6+ months. They desperately need more parking so hopefully that’s it. Not sure what the old resale shop or auto dealer are ultimately going to become. 

I believe the resale shop is going to be a pizza place, and in keeping with Bermudez's naming convention for his other restaurants, it's going to be called "The PIzza Place", or something along those lines. 

I'm more concerned with the elderly gentleman who lives next door to the old resale shop. We eat semi-regularly on the patio at Katz's, and usually see him walking his tiny dog. Many would consider his house to be in a state of disrepair, but I prefer to regard him as an admirably stubborn holdout in the face of relentless development in the area. I hope his life isn't disturbed too much by the coming of the pizza place, but I'm afraid it will be. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 123Sesame said:

We live nearby - they are taking their sweet time on this development. It has been a total mess and eye sore for 6+ months. They desperately need more parking so hopefully that’s it. 

Well, here's hoping good things come to those who wait, as the saying goes. But there could be lots of reasons for the seemingly slow progress at 2102 North Shepherd Dr.

The lots where the demolished homes were located will be parking, according to a quick search in the city's permitting database.  

Here are Google Maps photos from May and June of Happy Go Lucky's construction.

May

PkxkTdd.jpg

s8rr7KM.jpg

June

dq5yO28.jpg

QZW8t3S.jpg

15 hours ago, 123Sesame said:

Not sure what the old resale shop or auto dealer are ultimately going to become. 

2102 N Shepherd Dr, which was previously the site of used car dealership Auto Mall 2000, will be some kind of beverage stand, I think.

I'm still unsure of the concept for Happy Go Lucky. However, based off filings and permits submitted, this may be a walk-up and drive-thru bar. The description listed on the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation filing states. "drive-thru refreshments." So, possibly a refresqueria with juices and/or drive-thru bar serving daiquiris, margaritas, and/or micheladas.

As for Potros Resale Shop at 2124 N Shepherd Dr, it will be a pizzeria named the Pizza Place. The restaurant is also from Shawn Bermudez. There is a topic for that property in the forum:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/47329-the-pizza-place-2124-n-shepherd-dr

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

I believe the resale shop is going to be a pizza place, and in keeping with Bermudez's naming convention for his other restaurants, it's going to be called "The PIzza Place", or something along those lines. 

I'm more concerned with the elderly gentleman who lives next door to the old resale shop. We eat semi-regularly on the patio at Katz's, and usually see him walking his tiny dog. Many would consider his house to be in a state of disrepair, but I prefer to regard him as an admirably stubborn holdout in the face of relentless development in the area. I hope his life isn't disturbed too much by the coming of the pizza place, but I'm afraid it will be. 

That's right!  The former Potros Resale Shop at 2124 N Shepherd Dr  will be a pizzeria named the Pizza Place. The restaurant is also from Shawn Bermudez. More on that property here:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/47329-the-pizza-place-2124-n-shepherd-dr

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Talked with the boss man of the crew working on this. He confirmed it will be called "Happy Go Lucky" and he deals with Shawn Bermudez' dad about several projects he works on for them. It's a Daiquiri bar that will have a patio area and a drive up window plus a parking lot in the back, no seating inside.

QMeY2Cc.jpg

nt0UzHH.jpg

The boss on the left.

q1twOXU.jpg

igYSVW2.jpg

mwhyKoB.jpg

4os8zk8.jpg

Patio area.

ltE6cJO.jpg

FBziTGQ.jpg

EWLzn4k.jpg

Parking lot.

VDqEqZ8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hindesky said:

He confirmed it will be called "Happy Go Lucky"

Well, the name Happy Go Lucky at 2102 North Shepherd Dr has been known for a while.

It's been posted in the thread several times. It's also listed on their alcohol permit, DBA, and permits related to the buildout:

👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿

On 1/29/2022 at 7:54 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Does anyone know what's planned for 2102 N Shepherd Dr?

A banner announcing a car wash was on the property, at least in 2021 when I noticed it last. It's been a while since I visited the area, so I don't know if the banner is still there.

I know Shawn Bermudez owns the property. And according to a post in a local Facebook group, Bermudez is renovating the lot soon. He's opening a business called Happy Go Lucky, which will possibly have a drive-thru lane. The post wasn't clear on the business' concept.

10 hours ago, hindesky said:

It's a Daiquiri bar that will have a patio area and a drive up window plus a parking lot in the back, no seating inside.

So, my assumption was correct: Shawn Bermudez's Happy Go Lucky will be a drive-thru bar offering daiquiris.  Good to know!

👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿

On 10/31/2022 at 4:19 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I'm still unsure of the concept for Happy Go Lucky. However, based off filings and permits submitted, this may be a walk-up and drive-thru bar. The description listed on the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation filing states. "drive-thru refreshments." So, possibly a refresqueria with juices and/or drive-thru bar serving daiquiris, margaritas, and/or micheladas.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 7:27 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:
On 5/13/2022 at 10:24 AM, 123Sesame said:

Posted in another thread, but anyone know what is going on at 20th and Shepherd? Burger Joint guys previously posted signs at The Car Wash was going in at 21st and Shepherd, but they have since moved the sign and fenced off the old spray wash facility at 20th and Shepherd... what's going to happen to the shack across 21st from The Taco Stand? I assume pizza shop still in the works at the old Portros Resale.

@123Sesame here is the thread about the lot at 2102 N Shepherd Dr.

40 minutes ago, 123Sesame said:

Any idea if happy go lucky will be a coffee or cocktail drive thru? Perhaps both?

Here is the topic about Happy Go Lucky. If you scroll up, you'll find the answer to your question.

If a topic has an address and/or property name in the title or anywhere in the post body, it's searchable.

Use the search, type in the address or the name of the project, and the topic / thread will show in the results. If you don't know the exact address, sometimes people include the neighborhood, nearby streets, and other identifiers so it's a little easier for others to find a topic or post. 

A domain was registered a few days ago for Happy Go Lucky. The website isn't up and running, though:

http://happygoluckyhtx.com

It's likely their Instagram will be the same, if one hasn't already been created.

Happy Go Lucky is drive-thru bar concept from Shawn Bermudez (The Burger Joint, The Taco Stand, Present Company, Pistolero's). It's under construction in the Heights at 2102 N Shepherd Dr.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 11:33 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A domain was registered a few days ago for Happy Go Lucky. The website isn't up and running, though:

http://happygoluckyhtx.com

It's likely their Instagram will be the same, if one hasn't already been created.

Happy Go Lucky is drive-thru bar concept from Shawn Bermudez (The Burger Joint, The Taco Stand, Present Company, Pistolero's). It's under construction in the Heights at 2102 N Shepherd Dr.

Some time in the last few days, Happy Go Lucky launched a landing page on its website. The landing page provides details about the concept.

There will be frozen daiquiris as suspected. However, Happy Go Lucky's website indicates frozen cocktails. Shaved Italian ice treats are also on offer.

Happy Go Lucky is a new drive-thru / walk-up concept opening soon in the Heights. It is from the team behind The Burger Joint, The Taco Stand, Present Company, and Pistolero's.

Happy Go Lucky is located at 2102 North Shepherd Dr.

HBaZRfr.png

• Like 3