Elan Heights: Multifamily At 825 Usener St.

The Pragmatist

Greystar doesn't know much about multi-family construction.......yes they put up a great resume, but just look at The Calais and their work speaks for itself.......they need to rethink many of their sites they bought during the credit crunch......these projects were slated to be built by companies that spent the money to build it correctly, like not chopping off the retail floors of buildings like so many vulture builders do to plans that already had a life before the current fly by night builder stepped in.......

• 3 weeks later...

That means the demo was today right? Well this is close to my house... drove by.... Nothing at all. I mean I saw some dirt moved around but no demo at all. We'll see what happens maybe over the weekend and definitely Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Bikes are not supposed to go on the sidewalks anyway; they are supposed to share the road with the cars.

One of the two evils will end up killing you.

They're supposed to go on the road but with the amount of ghost bikes around town from people killed being run over by drivers, I'd rather stick to either a bike trail or a sidewalk. Houston's bike lanes are just ditches for the main lanes... full of mud and falling apart.  :angry2: The only bike lane in the entire city that I feel safe is the one on Heights Blvd.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember that picture from the Houston Chronicle tropical storm Allison coverage which is about the largest storm you can ever expect.  The elevation of the Greystar property is at about the same elevation so if they put any parking lower than ground level it will likely flood once every 50+ years or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...