Elan Heights: Multifamily At 825 Usener St.

The Pragmatist

I can already see this complex getting resistance from the community. The rendering is pretty deceiving... you can tell it's going to have much more of an impact than it's leading on. Personally, I'm glad they are tearing down that old apartment complex but 8 stories is unprecedented for the Woodland Heights. They're crying foul over Morrison Heights which is around 5 stories.

I can already see this complex getting resistance from the community. The rendering is pretty deceiving... you can tell it's going to have much more of an impact than it's leading on. Personally, I'm glad they are tearing down that old apartment complex but 8 stories is unprecedented for the Woodland Heights. They're crying foul over Morrison Heights which is around 5 stories.

I think Morrison Heights will be more imposing despite only being five floors because of it's proximity to other houses. I would imagine people from Woodland Park Place are the most annoyed by the Morrison mid-rise.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This will be a nice addition to the area and should spark some nice development in the heights. It gets annoying when people use luxury in every single apartment -.- From the looks of the building though it will be at least in the affordable range. If people are going to build in the Heights area they need to make it to where blocks that go up need to be affordable to the kind of people who live in that neighborhood.

This will be a nice addition to the area and should spark some nice development in the heights. It gets annoying when people use luxury in every single apartment -.- From the looks of the building though it will be at least in the affordable range. If people are going to build in the Heights area they need to make it to where blocks that go up need to be affordable to the kind of people who live in that neighborhood.

More like Upper Middle Class Luxury. $2,000 for 1 bedroom is NOT affordable.

If people are going to build in the Heights area they need to make it to where blocks that go up need to be affordable to the kind of people who live in that neighborhood.

Perhaps a bit of research is in order.  Scrape off lot value in immediately adjacent Woodland Heights is now well over $300K, crowding $400 depending on the lot and street.  New construction has been priced in seven digits for a while.

I still can't figure out how they are going to wedge their project onto the part of the property that isn't a floodway, unless it's by filling and digging out somewhere else for mitigation.  Shoot, the east part (adjacent to the Watson bridge) is a creekbed.

My house is across the street form this property. I have lived there for 14 years, and while I have never liked the look of these apartments, I'm not fond of a building that tall going up at that location.

Those apartments were an area of concern when we were considering our purchase, but for what it's worth, I can't complain of any drama ever coming from over there. They just seemed to be working class folks for the most part.

I've lived in the neighborhood for a eon, too, and never was aware of any particular living down to negative stereotypes going on there.

I'm not particularly fond of having another extra couple hundred cars joining what is already getting to be a clustered flock at the Katy/Watson light.

I've lived in the neighborhood for a eon, too, and never was aware of any particular living down to negative stereotypes going on there.

I'm not particularly fond of having another extra couple hundred cars joining what is already getting to be a clustered flock at the Katy/Watson light.

I doubt the net result will be an extra couple hundred cars.   In any event, Welcome to the increasingly densifying Houston.  ;-)

Edited by Houston19514

If the Woodland Heights was upset with Morrison Heights (which I actually agree with the community), then there will certainly be opposition to this project. This thing is absolutely massive.

• Like 1

Um, what major thoroughfare would that be? Don't get me wrong, I think this project is fantastic and those old apartments needed to go. But if people seriously think there won't be any opposition to this project, people don't know the Woodland Heights.

Um, what major thoroughfare would that be? Don't get me wrong, I think this project is fantastic and those old apartments needed to go. But if people seriously think there won't be any opposition to this project, people don't know the Woodland Heights.

Taylor / sawyer street.

I'm sure there will be opposition, but in this city of no zoning, it doesn't matter much. It's all about the market, and obviously, the market that matters to the developers is the one of people that currently live elsewhere.