Electricity Poles

Amlaham

I noticed that some of the electricity/ utility poles along Westpark dr. are getting replaced. Does CenterPoint energy (or whichever energy company) plan to replace all of the old ones to those simpler/ less cluttered poles. The newer ones look a lot more organized IMO. Excuse my lack of knowledge for any of this information, I'm not an electricity expert 😅, I just think the newer poles look a lot nicer than the older ones. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 10.55.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 10.56.12 AM.png

Edited by Amlaham
Grammar

On 12/12/2021 at 11:01 AM, Amlaham said:

I noticed that some of the electricity/ utility poles along Westpark dr. are getting replaced. Does CenterPoint energy (or whichever energy company) plan to replace all of the old ones to those simpler/ less cluttered poles. The newer ones look a lot more organized IMO. Excuse my lack of knowledge for any of this information, I'm not an electricity expert 😅, I just think the newer poles look a lot nicer than the older ones. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 10.55.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 10.56.12 AM.png

I once worked with a guy whose wife worked for the company that builds the electrical poles, they were always engineering new and better designs. The old style are probably aged out and much harder to install compared to the new style.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I spoke with Lee Cineros, he is the Capital Improvements director for the UK District. He was very transparent with me and basically what he told me was the city simply doesn't care. They hand out permits for Centerpoint or their sub contracted companies to do work but because the city is limited on inspectors nobody from the city can monitor the work being done. He said that while Centerpoint is not part of the CoH, the city seems to treat them as such. He also said they've had to reach out to Public Works multiple times and all they end up saying is "we'll try harder or we'll tell them to do better" This is the 4th largest city in America but we're run as though we're a small town. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Sad 1