The Heights: Multifamily At 1180 West 18th St.

Highrise Tower

11 hours ago, Texasota said:

Interesting. Definitely lower than I thought, though I wonder how much of that is due to water and industrial land. 

I'm pretty confident that Greater Heights (b/w the loop, 45, I-10, and White Oak Bayou) can and will hit 10,000 psm. North Main is the real missing piece - there need to start being some larger apartment buildings over there and up Airline. 

Go onto the Greater Heights Nextdoor page and suggest that. The angry responses will be hilarious. Many posters think the slightest increase in density will result in 24 hour gridlock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Curious as the owner of a home in the area.  What are people's thoughts on how they typically handle construction during this time?  I imagine it can get quite noisey, congested, etc....will the workers park on site?  Curious about any insight anyone can provide on this. 

42 minutes ago, ZebraJams55 said:

Curious as the owner of a home in the area.  What are people's thoughts on how they typically handle construction during this time?  I imagine it can get quite noisey, congested, etc....will the workers park on site?  Curious about any insight anyone can provide on this. 

The builder usually rents a lot nearby for parking and for storage if one is available and close by. Hines used this lot for that when they built the senior living complex across the street. Good builders try to minimize working hours, noise, travel routes for trucks and keep the neighbors informed of the build before and during construction.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mblue057 said:

@hindesky I heard word that the hold up was financial troubles, and they had to reconfigure the building to remove a floor from the initial plan. Estimated start date is now 9/23.

Fingers crossed (for personal reasons) that they run into more issues that further delay or cancel the project.

Not necessarily financial troubles, just over budget on each of the three proposed developments.  There will be a short delay while redesigns are made to bring them back within acceptable budget range.  Who knows, maybe one of the projects gets shelved to provide the additional cap needed to proceed with the others...

• Like 4

• The title was changed to The Heights: Multifamily At 1180 West 18th St.