Demolition And Rebuilding Of The Hometown Bank At 4424 Seawall Blvd.

Most of the homes on the island have that unique victorian/ beach like architecture. This new building matches that "island" aesthetic. Im not sure how a brown box that matches the color of the side walk fits the island. Also, the new building will be brought up close to the street so it will have a larger street presence and the upgraded landscape/ palm trees is another plus. Don't get me wrong, I love midcentury buildings, but having them on the island seawall tucked behind an asphalt parking lot/driveway doesn't really make sense in my opinion. To each their own I guess 🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...

Is it a renovation of the existing?  The box looks to be obscured a little in the rendering by the “tacked on Seasidey stuff”.

Also, don’t think they’ll be able to easily build closer to Seawall.  That’s a Federal protected engineering easement.  That’s why I think it’s a renovation of the existing.  Of course I could be wrong.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Demolition And Rebuilding Of The Hometown Bank At 4424 Seawall Blvd.