Memorial Park Trail Connector And I-10 Pedestrian Bridge

Arboosto

TxDOT is planning to build a new trail connector to Memorial Park and pedestrian bridge over I-10 from the Cottage Grove neighborhood. The attached slides were presented in a recent neighborhood meeting. Along with concurrent projects by TIRZ 5 and CoH to extend the MKT trail under TC Jester and designate on-street bikeways along Radcliffe, this would improve access to Memorial Park for pedestrians and cyclists coming from north of I-10. Some project highlights from the meeting were:

• New 14 ft wide pedestrian bridge over I-10 from Cottage Grove Park parallel to the existing pedestrian/utility bridge.
  • A new 10-12 ft wide trail to Memorial Park running approximately 0.4 mi parallel to the south side of I-10 to Washington Ave. It would run under the Southern Pacific rail and be cut into the sloped concrete embankment.
  • Significant reworking of the Washington and I-10 frontage road intersection to improve pedestrian safety.
  • Landscaping and beautification along the trail.

720122757_MemorialConnectionProject-SN15.pdf

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Memorial Park Trail Connector And I-10 Pedestrian Bridge
  • 1 year later...